Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THE SEX TALK? REALLY?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM
  • 31 Replies
Ok so my oldest is almost 8 yrs old and just started the 2nd grade. Should he know where babies come from and how? And how detailed should I get??
My girls are 3 and almost 2 so there's time still...
My son thinks babies just come from mommys tummy bc I had c sections with his sisters so I've never said more... but he rides the school bus and I'm sure he's heard things.... I had him when I was 17 and I cant b a martyr and tell him only when ur married, because it wasn't until he was almost 5 until his father and I finally married. We just weren't ready to b married... but what do I tell him and how.
at what age did you have the talk with ur kids or at what age do u plan to have the talk....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Yes by 8 he should at least know the basics.

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have already had the period talk with my 8 year old daughter...but she is a girl lol.

I am not planning on having that talk until she is about 12...or when the school starts talking to them about it, which is around the same time, but hopefully i get to her before the school does lol.

kjfamily
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I told my dd about her period and sex at 7..

WomanWitty
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:58 PM

If he were my son, yes, he would know. He would know most of the details by that time - that a man's penis goes into a woman's vagina, and sometimes, that creates a baby that grows in the woman's belly. I think by age 8 children should know the basics of human anatomy and procreation.

kjfamily
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

I have already had the period talk with my 8 year old daughter...but she is a girl lol.

I am not planning on having that talk until she is about 12...or when the school starts talking to them about it, which is around the same time, but hopefully i get to her before the school does lol.

How did you explain a period without the sex talk as well? Just curious..

mommy0815
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM
I think I would wait a little longer. My kids r still young so I have a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelseyLynn
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I wouldn't tell him more than he asks.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Wow, why wait so late?

orcadarwin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I won't tell them about it until they ask. 

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Well im not going to say everything i told her, but i basically told her that when a girl grows her body changes, and she begins to get what is called a period and that it is bleeding that comes from the vagina, and it helps your body to be able to make babies...i told her more, but when i asked her if she wanted to know how babies are made , she blushed and said no. She knows the word ...sex..she knows that it is something that mom's and dad's do...but she has no interest in knowing what it is right now...she is only 8, and in my veiwpoints..for my daughter, even though she can absorb information like crazy...she is still too young to hear about sex and what happens between a man and a woman.

Quoting kjfamily:

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

How did you explain a period without the sex talk as well? Just curious..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)