Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow...this sucks...what would you do?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

my dads in prison, ive never met him and ive wanted to since i was 11...i knew were he was i just wanted to meet him and was stupid and believed he would get out, i would meet him and everything would be perfect...even tho im 18 now i still wanted to believe that and after really looking into some stuff, thats never going to happen...hes 37 now, if he stays in there the minimum time he'll be 65. maximum time he'll be 73...i'd be 46 or 54...so it'll never happen...i googled his name and the first thing that came up was a thing from when he went to court in february and it went into details about what he did and its probably best i dont meet him but ya this really ruined my day...i did find out he has 6 other kids, somewere...that makes 11 brothers and sisters...i do have his mom and brother and sisters phone #'s from some people search website...do i just delete it all and forget all that part of my family or should i try talking to them just to get to know them?

i wasnt gonna say what he did but im not gonna meet him so it wont affect me or my kids at all so i dont see why i'd get bashed now so hes in there for sexual assault on a 16 year old (4 times)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmissmommy558
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I would prob steer clear of him but I think if it were me I would want to know the rest of my family,

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I would not want to meet him or his relatives.  If you're truly curious, you could send him a letter but is he really the kind of person you want in your life?

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM

group hug

NessaLovesEmma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Quoting lilmissmommy558:

I would prob steer clear of him but I think if it were me I would want to know the rest of my family,

i.heart.rachel
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I wouldn't meet him.. because of what he is in for.. but I'd get to know the other family..

omgamomie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I would meet the other members.

stressedmomma13
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I wouldn't meet him.. because of what he is in for.. but I'd get to know the other family..

southern_momof2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:00 PM
I would meet the other family. They are your brothers and sisters. I met my bio father when I was 23. He was and still is a dead beat. BUT, I have wonderful aunts and uncles and 2 brothers that I absolutely LOVE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elly25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I would meet him. Nor his family. Maybe write a letter to his mom. To see where you can find your siblings at.

dalene66
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

He is in prison, not you or his family.  They are your blood relatives......get to know them.  You could be missing some great people.  His mom (your grandma) could be the sweetest woman and would love to be a part of your life.  Your other siblings just may turn out to be great brothers and sisters for you and wonderful aunts and uncles to your children.  Pick up the phone and call them.  It's never to late  for that. Good luck to you....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)