Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God doesn't give us more than we can handle..

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 160 Replies

Poll

Question: God doesn't give us more than we can handle

Options:

True

False

something else or in between (explained below)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 156

View Results

True or false?

I don't believe in the "god doesn't give us more than we can handle ..." stuff. But my mom says it all the time , along with other ones like "Everything happens for a reason.."

If God only gave people what they could handle how is suicide explained?

Anyway just wondering what other peoples thinking is. Being an atheist personally I obviously wouldn't believe these tid-bits..

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."  -Mother Teresa 

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

momintraining02
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Amen to that!!!!!

Quoting -42-:

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."  -Mother Teresa 

nicolleraeanne
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Tatum2U:

The way we've always looked at it...you have lost your faith in God and Jesus and see no other option. That is not how everyone looks at it, and that is based on my Lutheran church's beliefs. 

lady_kira
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Just because he knows that we can handle it, doesn't mean that people always have faith in themselves to handle it. Yes. I think we all have incredible capacities to handle tragedy and horrors, some of us don't want to or have no faith in themselves. That's where the suicide rate comes from. That's not God's fault, that's our own inner demons at work.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

lol right!

Quoting -42-:

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM

God is the practical joker of the universe. the concept that he doesnt give us more than we can handle is LUDICROUS. it is an opiate for the masses to console them when they feel overburdened.

momintraining02
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Honestly--I think one that loses faith is a prime target for satan to sink his claws into-----satan is known as the deceiver and you dont hear about him when things go wrong--just God---JMO : )

Quoting nicolleraeanne:

Quoting Tatum2U:

The way we've always looked at it...you have lost your faith in God and Jesus and see no other option. That is not how everyone looks at it, and that is based on my Lutheran church's beliefs. 

lovelyy504
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM
agreed. I survived many suicde attempts and im so glad I did. I realized I could do it if just stuck it out "one more ay" and those days turned into years and im living a wonderdul life. I've lost a friend to suicide, he lost faith within himself and I truly believe if he could have another chance he would take it.

Quoting lady_kira:

Just because he knows that we can handle it, doesn't mean that people always have faith in themselves to handle it. Yes. I think we all have incredible capacities to handle tragedy and horrors, some of us don't want to or have no faith in themselves. That's where the suicide rate comes from. That's not God's fault, that's our own inner demons at work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Honestly, i've never really thought that way. I handle shit because I have to. You don't just stop living because life beats you down, you fight back.

SunnyBaby
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

If you can honestly look around and see the many many people who suffer on a daily basis, and still stand by that stupid quote, then you need to check yourself into a psych ward.

IF God did exist and sees all the BS going on in our world, yet does nothing about it, then he is one giant shit stain.

I believe that this is what really happened on that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)