Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help........*cry*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:12 PM
  • 18 Replies

I don't know what to do with my 3 y/o son. He does not listen to me at all, he is always messing with stuff. I have baby proofed my house as much as I possibly can. I have tried putting him in the corner, talking to him about how he needs to listen to mommy, I have sent him to bed which is where he is right now, and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is working. I have even spanked him which I absolutly HATE to do. I was spanked as a child and I swore I would take differant action than that with my kids, but still that didn't even work, he just turns around and smiles at me. I am in tears right now. I am at my wits end. I haven't broke down and cry like this since he was about 4 months old and kept me awake for three days straight. I hate it! I need help. I love him but I hate his attitude. I didn't think that the terrible twos lasted this long. Please any advice, anything at all. please. Please no bashing I am so not in the mood...lol

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

group hugmomma he is testing you. pushing those limits and boundaries. the only thing you can realy do is stand firm and be consistant. dont lose your cool. take a break if you need to. you WILL win this in the end

lilmissmommy558
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Exactly, he's testing the waters to see who really rules the roost

Quoting sati769leigh:

group hugmomma he is testing you. pushing those limits and boundaries. the only thing you can realy do is stand firm and be consistant. dont lose your cool. take a break if you need to. you WILL win this in the end

in loveLIFE IS A BALANCE OF HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!!!!

bannannagirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Consistancy, consistancy, consistancy! If you keep changing the punishment he won't get the point. Choose one and go with it. Also find a punishment that will work. Try taking toys away starting with his favorite. Eventually he will get the point. Good luck momma.

mavcoed
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

my son was the same way. what worked for us was just ignoring him. i know its hard but be consistant. you'll get through this

steffie9000
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:24 PM

My almost 3 year old is the same way. I will ask him to stop doing something and he just acts like he cant hear me, so i yell and then he turns around and tells me not to yell at him. I hate it so much. I just tell myself that I'm the mom and he is the child and he needs to listen to me. i have started taking his toys away from him every time he doesnt listen and he will cry and then just stop and continue with what he was doing. Its going really slow but we will get to a point where he will listen.

gypsy_rose
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

It gets worse in MANY diffrent ways!

sleepyone00
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Take away his toys, put a rug in a room with nothing to watch and make him sit on it.  These are things that I use with both of my kids.  My youngest ends up screaming and crying but it kicks the attitude out. 

TheTaoOfKim
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

: hugs :

you probably need a break mama. I know I can use one just about every day. Kids are adamant and defiant when they are descovering their wee little personalities. I hope whatever you do that you figure out a way to cope.

best wishes!

connorsmama06
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

My almost 4 year old can be horrible. But each day seems to get better. Stay consistent with one punishment. Right now a red chair I have in the kitchen is that best time out tool. I can see him and he can't move or play.

lilmoosesmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Consistancy is the best thing. Pick one punishment & go with it. Hes testing you to see just how far he can go. Hes trying to be the boss. Its a game. Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)