Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

becoming physically and mentally exhausted.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a fulltime college student and have been for a week. I think i need a better schedule or something because this one isn't working..at all. Now that the professors are wanting more i just can't keep up. I take 4 classes, have two kids and a deployed husband..so all of the house and kid stuff is on my shoulders..same goes for the responsiblities of taking care of the pets.

I don't know what else to do but i cannot keep going on like this..here is my schedule

Wake up at 5am..start the griddle and coffee..take a shower, get dressed, wake up kids and start breakfast.

Around 615 i start getting my boys dressed, teeth brushed and shoe'd up for their day. (my oldest is in kgarten)

I then will clean up the kitchen, put a load of laundry in the washer and fold whatever if anything is in the dryer, vacuum, unload the dishwasher and reload it (putting in a new cleaner tabbey thing)

Around 7 we head out and i drop the boys off at my moms and i leave there for school which starts at 8. On Monday and Wednesdays i am out at 1045 and Tuesday and Thursday's i am out at 1110. Now on Monday and Wednesdays i have to go back at 705 for a night course. So anyway i will get home around 1130..make myself something to eat and study a little bit for the next day's classes. Go pick up my youngest from my mom's and make him some lunch, we play for a little bit then its time for my oldest to be dropped off by the school bus. I help him with his homework and school work and then its time to start dinner, we eat and then On Monday and wednesday we load up and they stay with my mom's so i can attend the night class or on tuesdy and thursday we do bed, bath routine starting at 7. After tehy are in bed i will typically put the wash in the dryer and run the dishwasher, pick up and then attempt to finish my schoolwork. I try to be in bed by 11 but here lately its  just so much reading and stuff i can't get to bed until 12 or 1 and then wake right back up at 5 to do it again.

I am drained.

I don't know what else to do

But i have a test on Thursday and i can't even begin to remember what the heck i am suppose to remember even though i read it pretty much every other day..twice.

SIGH.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM

BUMP!

amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I don't have any advice hun...

I don't go to bed til' 2 am, and have to be up by 6 am...
And on top of that I have insomnia so bad, that the last 3 days... I've slept about 3 hours... It's crazy and exhausting.

I hope some other moms can help you out!!

2jsplus3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I have done the same thing with pretty much the same scheduale. Trust me, it takes some time, but you will get this down. You will adjust to this. Try to get as much sleep as you can and see if you can get some more help with the kids for at least one day of the week. Make sure you are eating well and not resorting to fast food. Keep the veggies and fruits as well as your fiber in check. Drink alot of water and watch your caffine intake. I did all mine while working three12 hour night shifts a week when my my ex dh was in the hospital. It wont be forever, but I am pulling for you! Make sure you have someone you can talk to and join a study group. Studying with a group is better than alone ! See if you can find a group that is all  mommies like you, then you can share with the babysitting issues.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Quoting 2jsplus3:

I have done the same thing with pretty much the same scheduale. Trust me, it takes some time, but you will get this down. You will adjust to this. Try to get as much sleep as you can and see if you can get some more help with the kids for at least one day of the week. Make sure you are eating well and not resorting to fast food. Keep the veggies and fruits as well as your fiber in check. Drink alot of water and watch your caffine intake. I did all mine while working three12 hour night shifts a week when my my ex dh was in the hospital. It wont be forever, but I am pulling for you! Make sure you have someone you can talk to and join a study group. Studying with a group is better than alone ! See if you can find a group that is all  mommies like you, then you can share with the babysitting issues.

Great advice!

Good luck and hang in there!

angellove29115
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM

OH momma,  I have so been where you are at.  When I was in the nursing program I didnt think I was going to make it.  There were days I would sit on my couch surrounded by my nursing notes and cry.  Just to remember to rest as much as you can.  Sometimes you got to let things go a little.  I stopped stressing on the house so much.    I did meals in crockpot and froze dinners on the weekend.  That frees up a little bit of time.  You will survive.  Next semester try not to take any night classes.  You can do this I am cheering you on.

booger14
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 PM
I was a full time student at one time from 9am til 7pm. I actually never read the books, even when they would say the reading was required, I could never really understand the books. I am good at taking notes and paying close attention and I passed all my classes with a B or better. I had two kids to take care and one on the way. I also took some online classes, which had time limit on assignments but i could work on then when never i had free time. Its not easy but I did it good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)