Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Survey: It Takes 104 Sex Sessions to Get Pregnant

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 29 Replies

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How many times do you have to have sex to get pregnant? If you’re lucky, it could happen on the first or second try, but that’s definitely not the average, according to a new British survey.

The study of more than 3,000 mothers, commissioned by First Response, a popular family planning company, found that the average couple has to have sex 104 times before getting pregnant.

That means, on average, it took women six months to get pregnant, with couples having sex around four times a week during that time period.

"Having sex 104 times before falling pregnant does sound rather a lot, but as they say, practice makes perfect,” said First Response spokesman Dr. Mike Smith. “Trying for a baby is a very exciting time for a couple, and many try to have sex at every opportunity in order to get pregnant.”

The survey also revealed a few other interesting tidbits. Nearly a quarter of women said sex became “boring” when they were trying to conceive, while 11 percent of men admitted to feeling “completely used.”

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsSugarSnap
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I find this amusing! I kinda like that it seems to take so many tries. But then they get bored or feel used. There is a fine line between a hot sex life and just plain too much!

southernjess3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:40 PM

i was a one timer...

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I was infertile . . . I only got pregnant twice in thirteen YEARS of not using birth control.  :)

kitty8199
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Mine was the first time I had sex with Kevin.  I tried for 2 years with my ex before him, and got pregnant once, but miscarried.

Water_geM
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM

really?

i want to know how old these people are..

it took us about twice with number two...

and about 4 times with number one...

we weren't trying,just the times we didn't prevent..

MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Some of those folks need a hobby and a little education in ovulation and fertilization. 

Then again I think me and hubby have a bit of wild rabbit in our genes with how fast we got pregnant without even trying.

MsJoa
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:26 PM
LOL, FauxNews!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Riches-
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:28 PM
It didn't even take me 6 weeks to get pregnant. That article is bologna.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:28 PM

They are actually conceiving embryos, it just takes that long, on average, to get one that makes it.

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Quoting -Riches-:

It didn't even take me 6 weeks to get pregnant. That article is bologna.

I don't think you understood the article.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)