Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding five-year-old....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

Gorilla! Does it bother you if the child isn't human?

This is mama Rapunzel nursing her 5 year old toddler Glenda.

I just looked at the zoo website and here is what it was to say about both mama and baby gorilla... (and daddy Kelly)

Rapunzel

• The shyest of the bunch, Rapunzel was born at the Cincinnati Zoo on February 20, 1984, and transferred to the L.A. Zoo in 1988.
  • Sweet and generous, Rapunzel often allows the other gorillas to take her favorite food items from her.
  • Rapunzel has not been much of a disciplinarian to her two-year-old daughter (now 5), Glenda, but what she lacks in discipline, she makes up for with love.

Kelly

• The term “gentle giant” truly applies to Kelly, the silverback of the family group.
  • Kelly was born at the Los Angeles Zoo on April 11, 1987.
  • Ever vigilant, he is the perfect troop leader and a very caring father to Glenda. 
  • During the afternoon he can often be seen playing with Glenda, or taking a nap with his legs folded up in the air. 

Glenda

• The daughter of Kelly and Rapunzel, Glenda was born at the Denver Zoo on May 24, 2005.
  • She is an active and confident little gorilla.
  • In the morning she can be seen climbing around her enclosure, running around bipedally, or causing mischief with Evelyn. 
  • In the afternoon, she loves to take a well-deserved nap with mom.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

OMG, gross, after a certian age, it becomes sexual. Children should not bond with their mothers if its wrong in MY eyes.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

^^^^ sarcasm of course.

southernjess3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

i just HAVE to point out that a five year old, animal or human, is NOT a toddler..lol...sorry. i had to

dizzy77702
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:46 PM

and here I was thinking that this was going to be a drama post, lol

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM
ok i find that almost as gross as that youtube video about that mom that breast feeds hear 8 and 6 year old dd's sick sick sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Quoting masonsmommy107:

ok i find that almost as gross as that youtube video about that mom that breast feeds hear 8 and 6 year old dd's sick sick sick

Give up on reading did you?

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM
what?

Quoting Commie_Mommie:

Quoting masonsmommy107:

Give up on reading did you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kadens_momma_15
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Haha that's only crazy because isn't a 5 yr old gorilla like, full grown? Lmfao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:06 PM
thats what i thought

Quoting kadens_momma_15:

Haha that's only crazy because isn't a 5 yr old gorilla like, full grown? Lmfao.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM

No, a five-year-old gorilla is still an adolescent like a five-year-old human child. In captivity, gorillas live about 50 years. They reach adult reproductive maturity at 10-12 years (which isn't that far off from humans, if you think about ability to conceive, not social norms).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)