Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be honest

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM
  • 28 Replies

Am I really a baby? My DH says i am a baby, because i dont like the idea of moving 20 miles from my parents. For the past 21 years they have been the only true friends i have had and the only people I have had to depend on. When we hit hard times, they are the ones there to help us. When DS needs to go to the doctor they are the ones to make sure i have the ride to get there. When they go to town that is the only time i have to get out of the house, otherwise i am stuck in the house 24/7 and that kind of gets annoying. I love my parents to death, but we HAVE to move out of our house. We had the option to buy it, but since my parents are moving to another state in the future, we decided not to because my parents and his dad are the only reason we are staying in this small little town. I also dont want to move because i want to be able to spend as much time with them as possable before they move, but even living only 20 miles away, i know DH wont make that possable.

Plus then i wont even be a flippin mile from where his mom is moving and i HATE that idea. She annoys me, BAD. But the house is supposed to be really nice and the lady is only renting it for $150 a month. DH is going to look at it today.

But of course if i had my way, we would be moving to another state with my parents, because i miss my family so bad. I havent been around them in 13 years and after my grandpa got killed last year i have really wanted to go back, but DH says no moving to another state.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense to anyone, but am I a baby because i dont like the idea of moving 20 miles from my parents? Its not like i said no, i just said i dont like the thought of it, because i want to spend as much time with them as possable before they move. 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM

huggles honey. but its time to snip the apron strings. you are not your parents daughter only now. you now have a family

.kk.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

If you hate the idea of being near his mom, that is one thing.

But moving 20 miles away from your parents? Yes, hon, I think you're being a baby. I have to drive 20 miles just to get to my parents house, and I feel like I live NEAR them...

failed_dreams
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Thanks for the honesty. I just wish he would be more sensitive to my feelings. We are only "allowed" to do things he wants to do and if i disagree he says i am being a immature baby.

Quoting sati769leigh:

huggles honey. but its time to snip the apron strings. you are not your parents daughter only now. you now have a family

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Honestly, on one hand I can understand how you feel.  I would never move away from my mom.  Having said that, I don't consider 20 miles moving away.  In fact my mom lives a little further than that from me now.  It only takes me about 20 minutes to get there. 

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

men see weakness in tears and hysterics and being overly emotional they dont get that that is how women stay strong in other areas. we need to WORK OUT THE EMOTIONS. you need to stand up to him. PERIOD. not in a disrespectful manner but in a manner of a wife expecting to be listened to by her partner and mate. ya know?

Quoting failed_dreams:

Thanks for the honesty. I just wish he would be more sensitive to my feelings. We are only "allowed" to do things he wants to do and if i disagree he says i am being a immature baby.

Quoting sati769leigh:

failed_dreams
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM

thanks mommas. I would rather hear it from ya'll then him. Well to me it seems like a long distance, because i know for a fact i will not get to come see my parents (even though it is only 20 miles) very often, because he won't want to. I told him after my parents move to another state that i would love to be able to go out to see them and my other family at least 2-3 times a year for maybe 2 wks and he flipped out on me and told me that maybe i should just move with them. My family has been through a lot togher before my DH was ever even in my life and he acts as if me going to visit my parents in other state is going to end our marriage. I am just use to getting to see my parents everyday.

Quoting Dawn4175:

Honestly, on one hand I can understand how you feel.  I would never move away from my mom.  Having said that, I don't consider 20 miles moving away.  In fact my mom lives a little further than that from me now.  It only takes me about 20 minutes to get there. 

PhotoMama88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

HUGS!! I dont think you are, but I am like you lol I really dislike living far away from my parents. Which is why I dont :) 

Hubbys mom on the other hand......I dont mind LOL 

failed_dreams
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I've tried to, but he thinks that if it is what he wants it doesnt happen. He  gets all pissed off at me if i dont give him sex everyday, he doesnt care if i dont feel good or its that time of the month. I just know if we move even 20 miles away from my parents things will change and i dont know if that is for the good or bad.

Quoting sati769leigh:

men see weakness in tears and hysterics and being overly emotional they dont get that that is how women stay strong in other areas. we need to WORK OUT THE EMOTIONS. you need to stand up to him. PERIOD. not in a disrespectful manner but in a manner of a wife expecting to be listened to by her partner and mate. ya know?

Quoting failed_dreams:

Quoting sati769leigh:

failed_dreams
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Thanks. They are all I have really. Well besides my amazing DS and my dh who i cant even express my feelings to without him becoming an ass. I guess i need to just get used to the idea of never ever getting to get out of the house except when he wants to.

Quoting PhotoMama88:

HUGS!! I dont think you are, but I am like you lol I really dislike living far away from my parents. Which is why I dont :) 

Hubbys mom on the other hand......I dont mind LOL 

kltinsley
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM
My husband's daily commute is more than that one way. I could see moving several hrs away but 20 miles is nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)