Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So drained and beaten down. *vent*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

I feel so drained.  I am tired of being stressed out.  Living paycheck to paycheck.  Worrying about school all the time.

I try not to complain about any of this......ever.  We try to live by "things will get better".  And honestly, I know they always do.  My S/O never complains either.  He is my rock and a wonderful man.

The last 6 months or so have been really rough financially.   My fiance is a general manager.  He runs the number one store in the whole country for his chain.  Yet he hasnt been making bonuses due to the way the company has been running things.  Not his store....but the company as a whole.  He is bringing this company more money than any other store in the nation.  He receives award after award from them.  Yet they dont return the favor to him.  This has cut our income down by over $1000 per month.  And on top of that.......NO ONE in the company was allowed raises this year.  That makes me angry not only for us.....but for all of his employees.  They work their asses off too!

Then there is school.

UGH.  I love it.  I love the field I have chosen.  But the director of our program is royally screwing us over.  She has decided to teach us a Computed Tomography (cat scan) course....which she has never done before.  She has also decided to open this CT course to people outside  of our program.  There are only 14 of us.  Same exact class schedule with the same 2 teachers.

Guess who the only 2 outside people joining the CT course are?  Yeah...my teachers 2 sons.  This is so that they can get registered in CT before the end of 2010 to avoid the ridiculous requirements of those registered starting in the year of 2011.   It wouldnt be so bad if she actually understood the material we are supposed to be learning.  All she does is play voice recordings off of the internet for us.  If we have a question she replies with "uhh....*shoulder shrug* I don't.  You'll have to figure it out."

Give me a damn break.  YOU are getting paid to teach us.  Yet you havent actually taught us anything!  The little bit we have learned.....we have taught ourselves.

I just need to get through the next 6-9 months.  And everything should be looking up from there.

I doubt anyone will read this.  I just really, really needed to vent.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Elayna90
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM
I'm sorry it is going so rough for you right now. But yall have the right way of looking at it. It will get better. Sending good thoughts your way that it gets better soon rather than later. :) Hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:22 PM

hugsGood luck!  I hope things get better soon.

Brittanie6807
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:32 PM
I read this and I hope things get better for you!
norasmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM

hugging

reava
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:44 PM

good luck and hugs :)

mommybug77
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Lots of companies have not gotten raises or bonuses due to the way the economy is. They fore go those things to ensure they still have jobs.

deliela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Keep your chin up. It is a situation that you will get through. If you are interested in making some extra money or checking out our products,, feel free to visit my website at www.mylabellabaskets.com/liela.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andreaRC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I completely understand that, but the company has not done away with the bonuses.  My S/O just isnt getting any.  They have made their products so discounted that my S/O can not beat his scores from the previous year.  That is how they get bonuses.....by beating their numbers (labor, sales, etc.) from the same month the year prior.  His store is still bringing in more money than any of the other stores in the nation.....and there are thousands upon thousands of them in this chain.   So, the General Managers that usually dont bring in much money for the company are now bonusing their butts off!  I'm glad for them.....but just wish my S/O could as well.  You would think being the top dog in the entire company would count for something, lol.

Thankfully the incredibly slashed prices are over.........and my S/O should start bonusing again within the next few months.

I know a lot of people are dealing with similar situations.  Also, there are definitely people less fortunate than we are, so I am  happy to have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.  It's just frustrating at times.

Quoting mommybug77:

Lots of companies have not gotten raises or bonuses due to the way the economy is. They fore go those things to ensure they still have jobs.

andreaRC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Thanks for reading, ladies!  

I really needed to vent!  I try not to vent to S/O because he works so hard..........the last thing he needs is me bitching about stuff to him, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)