Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible babysitter!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my friend had a baby 3 months ago (baby was early at 28 weeks). She decided it would be a good job for her to watch babies in her home.

The first little boy she had was 5 months. She texted me all the time complaining about how the baby doesn't stop crying. I told her he is probably teething or missing his mom. To cuddle him, rock him, etc.

She didn't. She had to take care of her baby and she said that his crying would wake her up, so she would put him in the back room in his bouncer til he fell asleep :( She "fired" the kid. I was like good choice.

Now she is watching a 13 month old. Surprise! She doesn't "like" him either. She has sent me several texts already this week. "Uh, His diapers smell horrible. Gross!" and "I have discovered I don't like anybody else's kids but mine"

She also said he doesn't stop crying, won't come near her. I try and try to explain that it will take time for him to get used to you.
Today he was better she said, but she had to take his noisy toys away because they were waking up her baby.

She just doesn't understand what babies are like I guess. Her baby is still little so of course she doesn't throw fits and she isn't teething so yeah she's not crying all the time.
I would no way let her watch my son. I believe my son is well behaved and a "good" baby for being 10 months. But he gets fussy (like all babies) and likes to play and get into things, and yes sometimes he is loud.

Ahhhh Vent Over!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:54 PM

BUMP!

loverbugsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM
WOW MAYBE SHOULDNT BABYSIT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thisloveofmine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM

That's sad.

JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Personally I would not be friends with anyone who could treat children like that. It just shows you how cruel and uncaring she can be...With friends like that who needs enemies?

PhotoMama88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM

wow thats horrible! Those poor babies & parents who are trusting her to CARE for them while they work :(

JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:23 PM

BUMP!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:26 PM

So people are just bringing their babies to her without her having any kind of skills or being licensed or anything?

good parenting in my book! eye rolling

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:26 PM

This may sound bad but I know how she feels about not liking any kid but her own....thats why I wouldn't babysit other people's children, and she shouldn't either!

airforewifenmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:26 PM
I did babysitting SHORTLY and quit. I learned i can not stand kids other than mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:28 PM

wow,sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)