Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you put your TEENAGER on birth control?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 128 Replies
Although my children are young still my son 8 m girls 3 and almost 2, my husband and I have talked many times about this bc we were 17 when we has our son.
If our girls come to us at 16,17 would we put then ob birth control. If they tell us they are thinking about having sex would we let them the pill? Lets face it with teen pragnancy on an all time high.... I jus don't want them to become pregnant and stop being a teenager... I know they will do the math and figure out it was just a month after u turned 17 I got preg...

So would u letter ur DD he on birth control and at what age is to young...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:54 PM

if i had a girl yes i would if she came to me and told me she wanted or was having sex.

kristy0833
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

in a heartbeat.. but i only have a boy

imthatgirl728
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I will not be putting my daughter on BC. If she is having sex she will be putting herself on BC. I will give my daughter the  knowledge required to protect herself. How she handles her sexuality is completely up to her.

nitabunni
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

What ever happened to putting a child on lockdown? And my answer is no, I wouldn't condone sexual activity period without a few big ol' fights. If I have a daughter, she'll be walking around with a chastity belt before I give into that. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join my group, Intercultural Discussions, to talk about culture and language and intercultural relations: http://www.cafemom/worldcultures

kadens_momma_15
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM
I only have a boy. But yes, if I have a daughter later on and she comes to me at 14, 15, 16 yrs old and asks about bc, I will allow her to get on it. Do I want to encourage her to be sexually active? No. But I want her to be protected from pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralouise
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I don't have a daughter but if i did, yes I'd put her on birth control if she asked for it. Other than that I'd just hope like hell I taught her well enough to not have sex period. :(

Stephynsos
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM

this

Quoting kristy0833:

in a heartbeat.. but i only have 2 boys so far

supermom664
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:59 PM

it never worked
Quoting nitabunni:

What ever happened to putting a child on lockdown?

GGsMom517
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
If she's grown up enough to understand all there is to know about sex,pregnancy ect...yes I will put her on BC. I was 16 when I asked my mother to put me on it. She was proud of me bc I was coming to her before having sex. She treated me like an adult about it. And me and my mother have always had a great realtionship
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GGsMom517
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
If she's grown up enough to understand all there is to know about sex,pregnancy ect...yes I will put her on BC. I was 16 when I asked my mother to put me on it. She was proud of me bc I was coming to her before having sex. She treated me like an adult about it. And me and my mother have always had a great relationship bc we're so open with everything! I'd rather her be responsible about it than be stupid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)