Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your baby is too skinny, she needs more than breast milk! *edited with a better picture to show her size*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM
  • 32 Replies

ugh, that's what dh's aunt said about my daughter this morning. i sent everyone pictures of the kids, since most of his family doesn't have facebook. she actually does, but i don't think she gets on very much. anyways, she emailed me back and said i should stop breast feeding because it's only hurting dd at this point. ummm, i don't think so.

dd has doubled her lowest weight and has met all of the "goals" the doctors have for 6 months...right now, i'm lookin at this kid's little leg rolls and watching her try to sit up by herself (she's so close!)...if i was hurting her and if she wasn't getting enough to eat, i'm pretty sure i'd know. ds was a small baby, also. in fact, he was in 9 month clothes until he was almost 18 months old! technically, dd is bigger than he ever was at this age b/c she's already wearing 9 month clothes!

ugh...i think it's just b/c my niece is a big baby, and she's used to seeing how big she is...but that doesn't mean my kid isn't healthy! it just means she's petite, which is fine by me!

this is dd, just last week...what do you think?

ok, this shows her whole body a little better...it is a couple weeks older than the first picture....

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slm047
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I think she's absolutely beautiful & looks healthy.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Its hard to judge with the blanket and all.

but she is precious.

jkleinman
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Gotta love when people do that kind of thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andi2angel
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM

only you know how to be her mother. Take others opinions with a grain of salt. Parenting is a learning experience every day!

cage0101
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quoting slm047:

I think she's absolutely beautiful & looks healthy.

JlynnDoyle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:07 PM

As long as the dr's aren't worried then tell his aunt to suck it.  She is adorable & looks perfectly healthy.  On a side note, my dd has that same little blankie & she loves that dang thing!!

wahea
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Hun your LO is perfect!  As long as she has reached her milestones she is fine.  You could just tell your dh's aunt to kiss yer arse.  Actually instead of that, I would tell her everything you just stated here along with how much her insensitive comment hurt your feelings and that she needs to think before opening her mouth from now on.  I found from experience with my grandmother who never censured before speaking regardless of who she hurt...that the best approach is the direct one.  I am a plus size woman, one day my grandmother asked me why I was so fat, I looked her straight in the eye and said..* I don't know, why are you?*  To this day she is just as sweet as can be to me..but still gives my plus sized cousin a hard time because she knows it hurts.  Hang in there and good luck!

wahea

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:09 PM

oh, so does dd!!! she will NOT sleep without it! lol, ds has a "blanky" too, but it's really old and ratty...lol

Quoting JlynnDoyle:

As long as the dr's aren't worried then tell his aunt to suck it.  She is adorable & looks perfectly healthy.  On a side note, my dd has that same little blankie & she loves that dang thing!!

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:10 PM

oh, i know how that is...the first time my gramma saw me after my son was born, she grabbed my belly roll and was like, sheesh, you need to lose weight! lol, i think when i started crying, she realized that was pretty insensitive, and has never mentioned it since!

Quoting wahea:

Hun your LO is perfect!  As long as she has reached her milestones she is fine.  You could just tell your dh's aunt to kiss yer arse.  Actually instead of that, I would tell her everything you just stated here along with how much her insensitive comment hurt your feelings and that she needs to think before opening her mouth from now on.  I found from experience with my grandmother who never censured before speaking regardless of who she hurt...that the best approach is the direct one.  I am a plus size woman, one day my grandmother asked me why I was so fat, I looked her straight in the eye and said..* I don't know, why are you?*  To this day she is just as sweet as can be to me..but still gives my plus sized cousin a hard time because she knows it hurts.  Hang in there and good luck!

wahea

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:11 PM

LOL she's incredibly ignorant! She's acting as if the breast milk is harming your dd, which is an oxymoron! Her being bf still has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some babies just aren't as chubby as others. I'm glad you know better than to listen to her lol. If I were you, I would kindly educate her a little more.

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)