Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby =(

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have been on the depo shot since my son way born (3 1/2 year ago) and really hesitated on getting the shot last month. We kept going back and forth, or I should say *I* have been. Hubby has wanted another since DS turned one. I decided I wasn't goingto get my last shot, last month, was just going to not show up for my appt. But something told me to get it an I flew to the appt, 15 mins late and got it. On the way home I started crying, I was so mad at myself for getting it.
I have no real reason for not wanting another, just selfish ones. I love my time with my son, my alone time. The fact that I can just get up and go where ever, whenever. I have been criticized by my family saying I'm selfish for thinking like that, but I'm not sure. But really I do want another, but for some reason, keep backing down and it's caused problems with DH and I. While he does try to be understanding, i see how its frustrating when i say OK lets have another, then back down.
This time I really think I do! I wish I never. Got the shot last month. Anything interact with the shot? I was on the shot before my son, for about 2 years. I stopped it in April, and got pregnant in September.
Anyway...kind of a vent, kind of looking for suggestions on how to get my cycle going again quickly, or if I just have to wait it out?
Well thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
davidnjonsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I don't know much about the depo shot. But, I don't think you were necessarily being selfish. It's a big decision to have another baby and yes, things will change for you. But, if you are really wanting another baby, then I would just enjoy this time with your son and wait until the shot wears off. By then, maybe you will have no questions about whether you're ready for another one or not. Hope that made sense. Good luck!

sherriewlk
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Thankyou...

Quoting davidnjonsmommy:

I don't know much about the depo shot. But, I don't think you were necessarily being selfish. It's a big decision to have another baby and yes, things will change for you. But, if you are really wanting another baby, then I would just enjoy this time with your son and wait until the shot wears off. By then, maybe you will have no questions about whether you're ready for another one or not. Hope that made sense. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy0815
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM
I think u have to wait it out. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)