Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you've had a c-section...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

What kind of gift would you like for yourself after birth.  My SIL just had a c-section and the baby has A LOT lol... so I thought it would be nice to get momma a gift.  I was going to get bubble bath or bath salts, but since she had a c section, she can't take a bath for a while... so what should I get for her?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xMs.Boss.Divax
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Honestly flowers are very uplifting, idk what else to recommend honestly! LOL

rachana
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Lotions maybe...they have gift sets from bath and body works. 

CAMKsMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:55 PM

If you live close by, offer to go clean part of her house or offer to do some laundry.  Or take her dinner and dessert.

youngmamma11
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Offer to make her dinner. That was always nice when i had my daughter. It still hurt to move around for quite a while after mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady_kira
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I brought my cousin Gerber Daisys after her c-section, honestly though I would have brought flowers whether she had a c-section or not. And it was perfect, because I found out Gerber Daisys are my cousin's favorite flower.

Country_Momma89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Maybe a giftcard for a manicure or pedicure.

mamameg82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Does she have other kids? You could offer to watch them a couple days when she gets home or help around the house.

I over worked my self when I got home after my c-section with my 2nd son. I wish I would have more help with my then 2 year old and a couple household chores.

steelersmomof4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM

This i owuld have loved this after mine

Quoting CAMKsMom:

If you live close by, offer to go clean part of her house or offer to do some laundry.  Or take her dinner and dessert.

nellbug

Quoting CAMKsMom:

I agree with this.  When I had both of my c-sections this would have been very helpful as I was still sore for a few days after getting home.

Search & Win

SkyMonkey

I know this sounds nuts, but a nice set of comfy pjs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)