Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

married 8 years and realized this weekend we are almost total opposites

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 20 Replies

Crap! He did what ever it took to get me hooked and as we've relaxed into married life he's reverted to his old self which is nothing like what I thought. Is this common? 

Nothing serious really. He prefers city life though he always talked about a house in the country with me. I thought he liked going and doing because he would with me and talked about scuba diving and what not but he'd really rather be at home watching tv and gaming. He used to help with dishes and stuff but only will now if they get too bad or I bitch at him. He's more of a control freak than I ever thought he would be. I just realized it this weekend when we were headed home from the lake and I thought we had a great time but he said he hates going down there and isn't really into tubing and skiing. Yet another obstacle to overcome. I guess I need to work on finding some friends that like to do things. lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:46 PM

It won't change, so get used to it. =) It's been like this for us, for 25 yrs next month! (different issues, but I know what you mean)

fallnangel3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM
I realized this a few months back too hon. I have no clue what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM

took me only 4 years

1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:16 AM

My DH and I have realized this too. We have been married 7 yrs. We are trying make an effort to do more stuff that we both enjoy. LIke geochaching or movies.

Monica84
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Sounds like the 7 yr itch

Devious103102
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:37 AM

LOL!  We've had similar things here.  DH spent most of his youth partying and hanging out while I was always locked up and not allowed to do anything, so now I want to go out (occasionally) and enjoy life while he prefers to stay home and watch TV.  I also want to travel and do all these new things, which he does enjoy doing, but, again, he'd rather be home and relax (again, we never did anything as a family so I don't have "those" kind of memories as a kid, his mom always took him on vacations to places cause she WANTED him and his sis to have a better life).

arielflagg
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:43 AM

wow i know exactly what u mean. i fell in love with an amazing guy. i could go on and on but in the end i thought it was as close to perfect as u can get. but now slowly ive started to notice the same thing he just dosnt seem like the same person half the time and i find us disagreeing or arguing more and more. sometimes im at such a loss as to what to do.  i feel like im doing something wrong!?!

Amybelle
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:51 AM

I'm just going to take a guess and say he would say the same of you............sounds  like you need to sit down together and talk about what you BOTH want and expect amd are willing to give to the relationship

thehickinhickor
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:53 AM
My ex was like that(not y he an ex lol) I was like wth hell man what happend lol he never wanted to go out and do things like I did ....this time around its the same but it works for us for now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bennett121
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:56 AM

what is the 7 year itch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)