Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding *poll*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: How long would/did you breastfeed for?

Options:

Not more then 6 months

Not after a year

Not after 2 years

Not after 3 years

Not after 4 years

Not after 5 years

Not after 6 years

I'm a FF and would not nurse.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

This poll is for moms that do breastfeed or would breastfeed. If you would like to see the results just choose the formula feeding. Please be civil to one another and don't be mean because someone has a different opinion then you.

If you had to stop nursing and switch to formula please choose which option you would have done

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I breastfed my youngest for 15 months, but I really dont think I could do it after 2 years. That's just me personally, though.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I don't think I'd go past 2 years.

I nursed #1 till 11.5 months when my supply dropped over night due to pregnancy.

I nursed #2 to 15 months.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM

6 weeks before i had to stop due to  a MRSA colonization of both breasts. but i would have gone until my son and i together were ready to stop

grammarpolice
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I voted for the child I breastfed the longest; my youngest, who nursed until 32 months. The older one I weaned at 16 months when a friend said, "Don't you think it's time you stopped?" and I DIDN'T think. Dumb me!

AjsMom0508
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I don't have an option.  I breastfed for 6 weeks and then FF out of necessity.  I WOULD have breastfed until he no longer wanted to.

YvonnesMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:20 PM
I can't vote, but w my first daughter she only bf for about 7mo. My 10mo old is still bf-ing and I wish she wouldn't be anymore... but she is only 10 . I will give her 2 months before I put an end to bf-ing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I only breastfed for 3 1/2 months. I wanted to for 12 months but I couldnt due to work and not being able to pump at all during my 9 hr shift. I started getting really bad infections and it was very painful!

elly25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I breast fed my son until he was 2 1/2 yrs old. My daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old now and she still nurses.

YvonnesMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Omg... how did that happen?

Quoting sati769leigh:

6 weeks before i had to stop due to  a MRSA colonization of both breasts. but i would have gone until my son and i together were ready to stop

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super_mom_5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:23 PM
i tried to breastfeed with my first kid but she would only take one boob causing one to get over filled. I tried to pump but i had the manual pump and couldn afford the machine. I do plan on breastfeeding my baby due in jan. Going to try for the first 6 months but if i cant go that long i want atleast the first 2 months. Its pretty busy in my house with 5 kids from ages 8 to 4. With husband working one week and off one week i really dont have much help while he is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)