Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minivans!??

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  • 45 Replies

Ok, we are thinking of buying a minivan and I wanted to see what you ladies own and what you suggest. We have looked at the Honda Oddysey, VW Van, Toyota...Which is the best? Thanks!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WomanWitty
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I suggest not buying ANYTHING that has detachable backseats. If it does have a row of seats that comes out, don't get it (or don't put your kids in those seats). There have been many cases of minivan accidents in which the seats eject from the car, child seats and all. I've seen one of those accidents happen... it is horrifying.

That came off really scary. I'm sorry.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Toyota siennas are great cars

CamdensMom12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:33 PM

No thanks for the advice. I know NOTHING about minivans so anything helps! So you mean the seats that fold down or the ones that come out??

mommyeast4

I had a Dodge Grand Caravan and I absolutely loved it.  (I had a wreck a few months ago)  But I loved it.  When we are able to buy another one that is what I am going to get again.

CarterMommy

i have a 2003 chrysler town & country and i LOVE it! i got it after my 2nd son was born and now we are expecting our 4th so i'm glad we got it lol

i want to get a newer van because they have the middle windows that roll down and mine doesn't

BabyFetus Ticker

love_my_family
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I currently have a Dodge Caravan.  I have had a 2001 Ford Windstar SE Sport and it was freaking fantastic!  My sister in law has a 2008 Kia Sedona and it is fantastic, too.  Depends on what kind of features are important to you.

tzejstorey
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM

We never thought we would ever buy a minivan so when we discovered that I was pregnant with baby #5 we had no choice but to buy one!!!  We looked at alot of them and fell in love with the Dodge Grand Caravan.  It's very roomy and fits all the kids comfortably, even our 5'6' 14 yr old son!!  Good Luck!!!

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:36 PM
Don't get a vw they are money pits. I have a passat and its always having problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife.and.mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:36 PM

we have a 2009 town and country (chrysler) and we LOVE it.  the stow and go seating, the dual DVD players, hook ups for video game systems when they get older, power everything, roomy, i could go on and on, we looked at the other and found the T&C to be very reasonable in price and had what we wanted

reyreybella01
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I have a chevy venture van love it.... its 10 years old but still love it. I do like the honda odessy tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)