Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This sucks and I hate it!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 25 Replies
Just need to vent and get this out. DH works out of town on "the slope" ( above the artic circle in Alaska) he has to work 6 wks and gets off 2 wks. I had our fourth child just a lil over a week ago. She's going to be sooooo diffrent when he gets home. I HATE the fact that we have to work this flipping job bc we HAVE to have the money to survive the amnt of debt we have at this moment. I miss him sooo much during the time he is away. I don't mind being here alone with the kids but its so much easier when he is here. I have a few friends I've made here and it helps to have someone to talk to but they r not my husband. He truly is my best friend. Hopefully we can pay these damn bills off soon and be a regular family again!!!! Thanks for listening/reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM
I understand. My husband came home from iraq, our daughter was 8 months old. It was the first time they met.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coloradomom3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Oh forgot to add. Yes he was home for the birth. He came in 2 wks b4 she was born and stayed til today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Im sure it is hard BUT it could be worse.. he could be deployed for a whole year without seeing her

coloradomom3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:36 PM
Awww I'm sry. We keep saying that it could be worse... Could be several months or years of deployment. Thanks for ur sacrifice!

Quoting pookah1203:

I understand. My husband came home from iraq, our daughter was 8 months old. It was the first time they met.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prncskymmie

I can't say I know how you feel. But my aunt uncle and cousins live in Anchorage and my uncle worked that same schedule for 10 or so years. I know it sucks, but if you are doing it to get out of debt, just know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and even if you can't see it you are moving closer to it every day and with every bill you pay off. Good Luck. And Congrats on the new baby.

coloradomom3
That's wat we keep reminding ourselves.

Quoting momofhnd:

Im sure it is hard BUT it could be worse.. he could be deployed for a whole year without seeing her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grlofhalloween
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:37 PM
I'm srry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norene
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:38 PM

sorry you have to be seperated like that. it really sucks. hopefully you won't have to do it for an extended period of time. :) stay strong momma!

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM

He will be home before ya know it.. My cousin was able to be there for the birth of their first child  stayed 3 days then got deployed,the baby is almost 6 months old and my cousin is supposed to be home next week..

Quoting coloradomom3:

That's wat we keep reminding ourselves.

Quoting momofhnd:

WomanWitty
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Aw honey, I'm sorry. I bet it's really tough to have him gone, then home, then gone again. I hope everything starts to get better. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)