Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap I think I just coughed up a lung....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been hacking my damn brains out.. My chest/ribs hurt as well as my throat.... 

I've heard that swallowing a spoonful of lemon juice and local honey stops coughs....

Does this work??  I hate taking medication unless absolutely necessary...  

Or is there any other home remedies that might help?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MsSugarSnap
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Honey lemon water is easier and tastier! Grab a coffee mug, add spoonful of honey, about the same lemon juice and warm water. It helps with coughs. Believe it or not gargling with cayenne pepper helps with sore throat (coughing that much can lead to sore throat).

MuddinFLMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quoting MsSugarSnap:

Honey lemon water is easier and tastier! Grab a coffee mug, add spoonful of honey, about the same lemon juice and warm water. It helps with coughs. Believe it or not gargling with cayenne pepper helps with sore throat (coughing that much can lead to sore throat).

I really don't like honey, but I'm desperate at this point so I think I'm going to have to go to the store... The cayenne pepper is totally out of the question LOL! 

Thank you!

MuddinFLMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:55 PM

BUMP!

Aichia
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:04 PM

lemin with honey or try warm tea instead of water. mint teas do good at loosening up chest gunk as well. there is also garggleing with listerine to help get germs killed

MsSugarSnap
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quoting MuddinFLMama:

Quoting MsSugarSnap:

I really don't like honey, but I'm desperate at this point so I think I'm going to have to go to the store... The cayenne pepper is totally out of the question LOL! 

Thank you!

LOL! I totally understand that! I wouldn't try it for a long time. It was one really bad night with the worst sore throat I can remember that finally changed my mind. LOL! But yeah, you really have to be desperate to try something that crazy.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Sucking on a peppermint helps as well.  Stores sell honey drops in the pharmacy area.   I love doing a tsp of honey straight for coughs.

piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Lemon zinger (sp) tea. My husband swears by it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)