Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you accept...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

friends requests on myspace or facebook from ppl you don't know? What if they have some of the same friends as you?

I accepted a friend request from some guy that I don't think I know him but he has some of the same friends as me. Thought oh maybe we went to school together but I just don't remember.. Well it pretty obvious by my profile that I am married. It says I'm married, lots of pics of wedding day and me and hubby together.. Well this guy just started IMing me, I just ignored it, then he commented on my picture that I was sexy.. Hmm, weird. Why would you comment something like that on some one's pics that is obviously married?(my hubby even commented on the same photo).

I don't know. I deleted him and I'm not accepting friend requests from anyone else that I don't know lol.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:03 PM

No, I don't.  I check with mutual friends to find out who they are but still, if it's someone I don't know I generally ignore.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:04 PM

sometimes since my facebook is mostly for swagbucks

gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM

yes but I don't talk to them since they are for the games.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM

With few acceptions, I don't accept friends requests on any website if I don't know the person.

crazynlove1207
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM

No, if I don't know them then I don't put them on my facebook. I never use myspace anymore....

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM

A lot of people (especially teens) just want as many friends as they can possibly get, but I'm on there to keep up with people I already know.

MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM

If my friends forwards someone to me I will add them but out of the blue not too much because you never know what nutzo's are out there.  I only have 28 people as friends and there are only 5 people who I don't know directly but through someone else and only one person from Cafe Mom who is also on my friends page here.  Pretty much everyone else is either a family member or long standing friend I have known for years and years, some of them I've known since elementary school.

maddoxsmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Yea, I never accept it if I dont know them and we don't have mutual friends. But I'm going to be more careful next time. This guy lives near me too. Weirdo.

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM
I don't accept from people I don't know, accept for a few. I accepted them because my friends told them to add me for help on castle age, lol.

Hell, my profile is totally private, but some guys that I've known for years have told me they'd like to bone me! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemykally
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM

well since i have pics of my daughter on myspace i only have people that i know personally if i dont remember them i dont add them there are a bunch of freaks out there and they can take advantage of you having pics of your kids up so me no i dont add people i dont know or dont remember

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)