Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bruising from bite - adult bit

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

My Grandson has a godd size bruise on his arm right above his elbow. I thought maybe he had bit hisself. (he's 2&1/2) It has been there for several days. I just found out that his Mom bit him and left the bruise. What am I suppose to do about that? Make a loooong story short, there is an extremely shaky history with crap like this and the kind of life my Grandson is having to live in. Just know that I have him 90% of the week. Possibly a bit more. Thank God!

It's very hard to know where to tread because I don't want to lose him. His Dad (my Son) is gone working 4 weeks out of 6. She is b*itch enough to not let me see him. I have basically raised him since birth. He's not only my Grandson, he IS my Son!

I am sick of it all! No money for a lawyer. And in Florida, the child practically has to be DEAD to be taken away from the parents and given to the Grandparents.

IMHO, biting is abuse. Biting that leaves bruises? I'm dying as I type this! There are other ways to deal with biting besides biting back. You can't (don't) reason with a 2 year old by inflicting pain.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chrystal_A
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Wow seems like a bunch on nonsence!

IMO yes biting a child and leaving bruises ( I know some do it to teach -i guess) is abuse.But for me,theyre would have to be more going on to call dss,sounds like there might be.

I would call dss.I can not belive they wouldnt do anything.

MommytoNandA
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Yes, that is not right!  Have you looked into grandparents rights?  If you get visitation through the courts she can't keep him from you.  Since you have been such a big part of his life depending on the laws in your state you might have a good chance.  I would definitely try to report that it is abuse.

southerngrandma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

We called them once before. Even though he was covered in bruises that mysteriously stopped after they investigated her, the ruled, unfounded. Though he can talk exceptionally well and told us and them what happened to him. And..... I found out not to long ago, that someone else had called the state on her. A neighbor. So yes, something is going on. He told me his Mommmy had bit him but what am I suppose to say to him?

Partying, all  kinds of men in and out of her house with my Grandson around, etc......Yes I know for a fact when she posts it all over facebook.  Ooooo! I just got him to quit cussing like a sailor!  OMG! It was terrible!And I finally got him to stop abusing hisself. He would bite, pinch, hit, slap his face, bang his head, pull his hair, Boy have I cried and cried for this dear little one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)