Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some HAIR help!!! !!~EDIT WITH PICS~!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 43 Replies

Ok so 3 weeks ago one of my friends bleached my hair for me, the first time it turned out yellow and then orange towards the bottom so she bleached it again a little over a week later and when she bleached it she didn't have toner so she was supposed to tone it for me the next day that was a week ago!, and my roots are already showing as I have naturally dark brown hair..so my question is now that it is bleached what do I need to do to get it back to dark brown?? I was wanting to do this ASAP and I really don't want to go pay a colorist to do it since I know it will be EXPENSIVE, so preferably the cheapest way possible. Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Ok here is the back of my hair...not the best lighting

I have a pic of the front but my hair is pulled up but I can tell how yellow it looks..I hate this pic of me it was taken as a joke but HAHA it works for this though so BE NICE! LMFAO!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Monkeymommy25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyngwife08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM

if you dont care about ruined hair, i'd see a colorist cause if you use at home wrong it could EASILY fry your hair :(

Chrystal_A
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Go to walmart spend $3 on brown die,and get a really good conditioner to go with it,your gonna need it.Please dont BLEACH your hair anymore,thats not a safe way to color your hair.

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I would just go get some brown hair color. But warning, it may frizz, so be prepared for that. Extra conditioner is a plus.

If not go to the salon and tell them you need a color strip.

xMs.Boss.Divax
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I have really good conditioner already, a LOT of it too since after bleaching my hair it felt like straw literally! It was awful and believe me I will never bleach it again! Someone told me though that if you JUST put brown on it then it will turn green so that is why I am asking because I need to figure out how to not have green or any funky color hair for that matter! lol

Quoting Chrystal_A:

Go to walmart spend $3 on brown die,and get a really good conditioner to go with it,your gonna need it.Please dont BLEACH your hair anymore,thats not a safe way to color your hair.

meli_mama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM

The problem is if you just die your hair back to brown the blonde will come through.  You have to kind of prime it first.  I have blonde hair and when I dyed it dark brown she had to basically die it twice.  The first was a coppery color, then the brown.

masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM
you may have to go to a pro to get it fixed can you post a pic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMs.Boss.Divax
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I have a pic of what the back looks like will that be okay? The other pics I have my hair is pulled up but I can post that too if you want!

Quoting masonsmommy107:

you may have to go to a pro to get it fixed can you post a pic

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:24 PM

You really should go to a salon or even a beauty school.  Most likely for the color to take evenly you will need to fill it to put back in the missing pigments.  Bleached hair is so porous, it "soaks" up the color very unevenly resulting in flat uneven color.  Can you post pics?  I will try to help.

MommyHurt
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:24 PM
going the cheap way got you into this mess!!!! go to a professional
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)