Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long should you wait to date again...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

After you end a long term relationship or marriage?

The reason I ask...and please don't bash but I recently ended a five year relationship with my daughters father. It was over long ago for me but I didn't have the guts to actually call it quits. A few months ago I started a friendly relationship with someone at work. He went through a similar thing in his last relationship as what I was going through. We have grown very close and have feelings for each other. Honestly, I don't even think about the ex other than how he may feel. I didn't want to hurt him but like I said I was done long ago. So, this guy wants to start a relationship and so do I but I am nervous about jumping into something so soon.

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

~ The Dems and the Reps remind me of my kids ~
One is always pointing out the bad things that the other is doing in hopes that I don't notice all the bullshit he is trying to get away with...I'm not fooled by my own kids and I'm not fooled by Politicians.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:48 PM

half as long as the relationship was has been what was suggested to me.

KME3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Idk...6 months? Some date the next day lol....but if my relationship ened right now I most likely wouldn't date for a while...im starting to get sick of men....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM

wait till you're ready. there's no real answer that fits for everyone IMO.

pixie_trix
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Depends on how long the relationship was , why it ended, and how I felt after it ended.

If my marriage were to end tomorrow..For whatever reason.. I doubt  or at least I don't see myself, ever dating again. I've been married 25yrs now. I really really have no desire to ever have another "relationship" much less long term one..lol

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

there is no real answer. its different for everybody. you just start dating whenever you feel like it. whether it be right away or a long time. doesn't matter.

twocutetwins09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

This.

Quoting Mamie_85:

wait till you're ready. there's no real answer that fits for everyone IMO.

I am a discipline enforcing, cry it out method using, possible extended rear facing, sometimes unsure of myself, failed at breastfeeding but wants to try again, gun loving, middle of the road kind ofproud of my husband for everything he doesChristian by my own standards mommy of beautiful preemie twin girls and wife to an amazing Army soldier.

Amybelle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I would say once you are stable.................emotionally, Financially, etc. AND NOT until your children have had some time to come to terms, adjust and feel safe and secure.

Luna091306
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I wouldnt involve my daughter for a long while.

Quoting Amybelle:

I would say once you are stable.................emotionally, Financially, etc. AND NOT until your children have had some time to come to terms, adjust and feel safe and secure.

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

One is always pointing out the bad things that the other is doing in hopes that I don't notice all the bullshit he is trying to get away with...I'm not fooled by my own kids and I'm not fooled by Politicians.

momofone221
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:57 PM

When you feel that you can handle forming a new relationship.

How long ago was it official?

Angels_and_Faeries BlinkiesFree Smileys Free Avatars Parenting Free Icons Free Smileys Free Avatars ISO 9001 Training

Luna091306
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:59 PM

A week. Very recent. I have hung out with the other guy a few times but only on "friend" terms.

Quoting momofone221:

When you feel that you can handle forming a new relationship.

How long ago was it official?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)