Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a rock and a hard spot *PIOG*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so on my anniversary a whole lot of drama occured between my parents and my husband and I. It actually all started out a few weeks before then. There is this guy that owes my husband some money. Well my husband had been trying to get ahold of this guy to pay us that money and this guy keeps running to my dad about it. At one point my dad had both men in his garage for a "talk" well something went wrong and it ended up my dad was going to kick my DH's ass because, for some reason, he felt my dh was "puffing up" to him. That my husband was in the wrong for being mad about the money not being paid and that my dad was involved when it has nothing to do with him. A few days later my dad and dh talked and somewhat smoothed things out. Well fast forward to the night of my anniversary. We were visiting my parents and my dh was outside talking on the phone. My dad offered him a beer wich he refused and so my dad grabbed a couple more and went to his garage. We ended up leaving because it was late and we needed to get the kids to bed.

I recieved a call from my mom shortly after we got home, she said that my dad had asked her for a divorce. He told her that he felt there were issues between me and him that were not getting resolved and that we wouldn't take the kids to see my mom because of said issues. well as the night wore on it came out that there was still issues between my dad and dh (at least according to my dad. aaron thought that they had gotten things smoothed out). My dad was being extremely irrational and when I called to talk to him (at my moms insistance) He wouldn't stop yelling and wouldn't let me get a word in. Anything I did get to say was met with "well this is how it's going to be" and other nonsense like that. Well it got to a point where he said "well you won't have to worry about me anymore, you and mom will be taken care of and you won't have to worry about me anymore" When he says things like that he is talking about a life insurance policy that he has on himself that would pay money to me and my mom. He told me he was going to take the motorcycle and go take care of things. Those words and the way he said them led me to believe he was threatening suicide. I told him I was going to call the cops, which I did.

My mom text me and said that made things worse. My dad called a bit later, after the cops left, and started yelling and being irrational yet again. He threatened to call the cops on us and tell them we had weed and were selling it. He didn't make the call and even if he did they probably wouldn't have believed him. Since that night I havn't talked to my mom or dad. I have only had a few brief texts with my mom, mostly about the kids. I told her that until we can all sit down and talk about this nonsense I would not be bringing the kids by. It has been over a week now. I tried the very next day to set up time to have this talk with the 4 of us but they said no. Now I don't know what to think. Some of the things my mom has texted me make me feel like no matter what happens, whether we talk or not, it's still going to be my fault. I feel like she is choosing her husband over her grandkids, which yes i can understand her not wanting to lose her husband but it hurts. It hurts the kids. Honestly if I didn't have kids that missed their grandma I would probably just say F*** it and not talk to my family anymore. Does anyone have any advice? I don't know what to think or do. I go over the situation every day all hours. Honestly I don't want my kids around my dad anymore. I think he is on drugs. I know he has a drinking problem, he will deny it up and down but its real. He has a horrible temper problem.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
punkomama08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM

BUMP!

manamott
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:29 PM

No good advice mama...here's a bump!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 PM

They are toxic... I would stay away.. far away.   You can't let them bully you by saying their divorce is your fault.  Thats bull shit and its a cop out so they don't have to deal with their real problems.  And until you show them (not tell, words mean nothing) that you aren't going to take their shit, they will keep on stomping all over you.

They are down and they are trying to take you down with them.  Misery loves company.

KME3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Have your mom go to your house or meet her somewhere if you dont want to be around your dad.....I hope you get things worked out...good luck!.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punkomama08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM
I've told her she can but she uses the excuse that my dad has the truck or that they dont have gas (we live 10 minutes away!)

Quoting KME3:

Have your mom go to your house or meet her somewhere if you dont want to be around your dad.....I hope you get things worked out...good luck!.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)