Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIRTH CONTROL for Fertile Myrtle?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

lol.. So my husband and I, it seems like we get pregnant every time we have sex unprotected. heres some back story. I was on Yaz back in the day when I was in college. I came home one weekend and forgot my pills (i went to school about 2 hours away). I figured, no big deal... ill just make them up when i get back. well, one thing leads to another out comes Noah. (My stillborn son. :[ )

After that, we decided to get married and we planned Kaylee. Within the first month of trying, Im pregnant.

Now this time, we decided to let 'nature take its course' we wasnt hard core trying, but wasnt preventing either, and we had sex 2 times unprotected... I wasnt even ovulating at that time.

BASICALLY, after this baby... I need some BC. lol. heres my concerns.
-PILLS: I am veryyy forgetful.
-IUD: does it hurt? i have read that there is a greater chance of miscarriges after you get it removed and it is harder to get pregnant. Can you feel it in there when you have sex? ive heard that too. 
-CONDOMS: I just hate them, lol. But, its what I used to the 2 years inbetween Kaylee and getting pregnant with Peyton and if i have too, ill use them again.

SOOO.... any ideas for me? :D I know Peyton wont be here til November, but I just wanted to see what works for everyone else. :)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I can't really give you any help.  I got my tubes tied because I can't use hormonal BC since it makes me so ill.

cricketdawn81
by Crystal on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM

NuvaRing 

ruejacobs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM

what about that disc implant? it lasts a few months.

and if you don't plan anymore, a tubal is very effective.

i had one done 17 years ago, because i had had five pregnancies in 5 years. and i was on the pill with my last one.

crazynlove1207
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

maybe get a diaphram or implanion or nuva ring....

raegansmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I use Mirena.  I like it a lot, DH can't feel it (if he did my gyno said she could trim the strings shorter).  I have a very light period now, just enough to know I'm not pregnant.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM

IUD Is the best, probably not the copper get the mirena i loved it. made my periods nearly go away it was just spotting every month awesome

MrsThompson1023
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM

i do plan on having more... we'd like one more. but not for about 3 or 4 years after this one comes. right now DD is 2 and will be 29 months when DD#2 comes.

What is the disk implant?? LOL.

& how does the nuva ring work? do you just put it up there monthly?

sarasloveable
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Agree 3 weeks in take out for a week put in a new one and bonus you can remove it for sex than rinse it and put it back if he feels it

Quoting cricketdawn81:

NuvaRing 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruejacobs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Quoting MrsThompson1023:

i do plan on having more... we'd like one more. but not for about 3 or 4 years after this one comes. right now DD is 2 and will be 29 months when DD#2 comes.

What is the disk implant?? LOL.

& how does the nuva ring work? do you just put it up there monthly?

the nuva ring sounds good, but the side effects and warnings have always put me off.

here's a link to an implant, not the disc one, though.

http://contraception.about.com/od/prescriptionoptions/p/Implanon.htm

i suspect the disc might not be used anymore. the last time i heard of it, i was in my early 20's....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)