Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was leaving iraq a good move?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 56 Replies
in your opinion why or why not? I know its good that our soldiers are home,Im asking if you think its positive,negative,or dangerous for us as a nation right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

i think its what we must do. we cant go on paying for that one and Afghan and lets face it..Afghan is loaded with a lot more for our military to do. we will still have roughly 50k  there in Iraq and can always deploy emergency forces from afghan if needed. there comes a point where you have to say "is the benefit outweighing the downside" and right now no.

tam84
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM
First of all we didn't leave! We still have 50,000 people over there. But yes I do think it's still good that we are getting out. Too much time and money and lives lost in this war and it's time to end it!

He said that by this time next year ALL US troops would be out and I hope that stays. We need to get out and let them take over their own country!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM
First of all we didn't leave! We still have 50,000 people over there. But yes I do think it's still good that we are getting out. Too much time and money and lives lost in this war and it's time to end it!

He said that by this time next year ALL US troops would be out and I hope that stays. We need to get out and let them take over their own country!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazynlove1207
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:16 PM

We still have troops there.

MomX04

IMO while Sadam was a terrible person we had no business there to begin with.  While our men were over there dying and fighting for Bush's agenda (right or wrong - it's what I believe) the person we should have been focusing on went to who knows where and we lost our chance to catch him cause I highly doubt he's anywhere remotely close to Afghanistan anymore.

Only time will tell the true cost to that war.

carter210

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM
ah..!! stupid mobile!! sorry for repeat posts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaMa2Azriel
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I know it seems like we have "left Iraq", but we have not.  We will have troops there for years to come.  We may be turning it over for their control, but the U.S. still has soldiers in every nation it has ever entered except for Vietnam.  Think about it. 

TTWWBB
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Can't answer this without saying we shouldn't of gone in there in the first place..but I think we all agree on that one. Saddam was a horrible monster, but that was a fight for another day. And at least he was able to keep terrorists out of Iraq for the most part. Now we have an unstable country, with a huge number of foreign and new recruit terrorists groups. The innocent people of Iraq are now at risk...especially with a non existant government. I hate that this is the mess we left them with. But it is a case damned if we do, damned if we don't. I don't think there is a right answer here...both options are not a good solution. The positive is of course many of our troops are coming home..my step son included. Hopefully the troops left behind will help the people of Iraq.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)