Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Birthday Presents??? HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughters first birthday is in December, but I have NO idea on what to get her. Its really close to Christmas and I have the basics like clothes and winter necessities down, but I feel so lost when thinking of a big birthday present... I know she won't remember it, but I will!

& No we are NOT combinding Christmas and Birthday. I don't want her to think that her birthday isn't important, even when she doesn't understand. (I think its just me.. But oh well!) Thats why we are trying to figure it out now so we can save...

Any suggestions are VERY appreciated!

I'm a mommy, a fiance, a sister, a daughter, and a best friend. I'm a to-do list making, disposable diaper using, vaccinating, formula feeding, anti-abortion, crying it out believing, smoking out side, crocheting, scrapbooking, SAHM, 19 year old momma to Kenna Marie who makes this life so amazing! =)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:38 PM

This is hard cuz you can't get her out door toys. SO you would have to get her toys she can play with now. Maybe a kitchen by Little tykes for her to pull herself up on to  play "Mommy".

My sons birthday is in Dec also. We always spent a lot on Easter for him for Summer things. Like bikes or out door sports equip.

LisaRoyNKaden
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 PM

My son turns 1 sept. 22. We are getting him the little people barn, clothes, a ball of his own, and the little people train... if it lasts until then... we bought the train already, but hubby wants to give it to him now since he dousnt really have any toys of his own... LOL 

kaidensmommy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:50 PM

My DS first bday was in May.. we got him a bike that was made for kids 9-36months and a water table.. obviously those wouldnt be good toys for a december baby! Just ideas! GL!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM

For DD's bday I got her a bunch of clothes, one of those popper thingies, xylophone, rocking horse....she got mostly clothes....she needed them and I knew that she wouldn't remember it!  Honestly, she wasn't too interested in opening them...I opened most of them.

ChelseySpelsey
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM
I bought my son an alphabet puzzle rug for his floor, a bathtub net for his bath toys, some stick on foam like bathtub letters, a ride-on toy, and peek-a-blocks... Lol hope that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Large building bricks
Push and pull toys
Sorting and nesting toys
Climbing gym
Balls
Washable crayons and paper
Ride-on vehicles
Toy kitchen
Picture books

skyelyns_mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:52 PM

my daughters first bday is this oct and i have no idea what to get her or what to do!! ahh if you find out would you let me know?? i have no clue what i'm doing

Schleetle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:53 PM

My daughter's first birthday is in November. I like the doll house storage shelf,  but some places they are expensive. Tag Jr is also a really great toy - my sons have the regular Tag, and I plan to get DD the Tag Jr for either birthday, or Christmas not sure which yet.

Have a new little one? Join the Babies Group!

Love2Bugs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:54 PM

My daughter got dolls and books on her bday along with a few other random stuff. Ummm oh a shopping cart (she ADORED)

S_morgan09
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Thank you sooo much ladies! I think the little Kitchen thing will be great! She loves sitting in her Jenny Jump Up and watch Mommy cook! Its hard though because she just got a little car she walks with and blocks and everything. Friends and Family just buy her things and drop them off. I like it, but it makes birthdays hard! Thanks again though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)