Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm sorry, we don't send parts for products that are on sale"

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Am I wrong here?

My mom and I both bought shark handheld steamers from Costco on Friday.  We love the mops that we have so we wanted these as well.  Costco sells them for $70 and they were $20 off.  They retail for $100 elsewhere and were the last two in the store so we bought them.

We opened them today and we are both missing pieces.  My mom is missing about half of her attatchments and cannot even use the thing.

So I called shark.  I told them they were the last ones so I cannot just exchange them.  They told me I was out of luck, that they do NOT send replacement parts for products that are on sale.  To buy these attatchments will cost me $100 so I will end up paying $150 for a $100 product.

I calmly explained to her that these were NOT marked down because of open box or missing pieces, they were marked down because they were having a sale and these just happened to be the last two.

After about 15 minutes of going back and forth she FINALLY sends them to me but she still had a major attitude about it.

Am I wrong to expect something that I buy on sale to still include all of the pieces when it does NOT say pieces are missing?

I bought a wagon trailer before and KNEW that pieces were missing.  Called the company to buy the missing parts and they sent them to me for free...

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM

wow that was rotten customer service

judybant
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I guess I'd have gone back to Costco and demanded my money back, and a raincheck for the sale price, when they get more in. Much simpler.

momcat437
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Hm...I think I would have just returned them to Costco, but...and yeah, you'd expect better from the manufacturer...live and learn...

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Ummm... if all the parts aren't there I would expect them to send them to me for free, especially if the box says not to return this item to the store. Did the box say that?

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

bupkie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I've had rotten customer service from Shark before.... I'll never buy another Shark product again.   They wouldn't cover my Shark Stick vacuum under warranty... when it first came out.... because I didn't have the receipt... The vacuum has A DATE CODE right on it... and their product hadn't even been out for a year yet... .and they still WOULD NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY!    *JERKS!  

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Yeah, it's a 35 mile drive to Costco so I so didn't want to just go back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)