Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you tell your best friend...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

My best friend has been hanging with my neighbors a lot lately. The neighbor asked me after the second time I met her if I wanted to buy some "10's". I dont talk to her now. Not the type of person I want to be associated with. My bff knows her from back in the day and when she found out we were neighbors she started hanging out with her. She even took her to the pain doctor. I dont know about other places but around here the only reason you take someone like that to the pain doctor is so you can get pills yourself. My bff invited me to come and hang out with her and the neighbor. When I told her no because of the drugs, she didnt deny it. She said "Well, she got rid of most of that because she kicked (bf) out." I feel like my friend is turning into someone different and I dont know what to do.

*I know they do drugs because they have certain known drug users in and out and I am friends with our security guard who also happens to be DEA (he does the security on the side) and they are watching my neighbors.

*My friend used to have a drug problem before we met. She has talked to me about it.

* I know certain things about drugs because my birth mom was(is) a crack head.

Just trying to touch all the basis :)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gexgirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 PM

BUMP!

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

honestly TOUGH LOVE. i hate to say it. but you are gonna have to put your foot down with this. that if she is choosing to hang with people who will ENABLE her drug issues then she cannot be around you and your child.

nurbabe82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Talk to her. Tell her you feel like she is turning into someone different. And let her know its because you love her and are concerned for her that you are telling her this.

gexgirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I sent her a message and she wrote back with she doesnt judge people and what people do in their own personal time is their business.

Quoting nurbabe82:

Talk to her. Tell her you feel like she is turning into someone different. And let her know its because you love her and are concerned for her that you are telling her this.

momcat437
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM

You did what you could--let her go.

Quoting gexgirl:

I sent her a message and she wrote back with she doesnt judge people and what people do in their own personal time is their business.

Quoting nurbabe82:

gexgirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM

It just hurts. I'm not really good at making friends. But me and her hit it off from the first moment. We're actually supposed to be having a joint wedding ceremony in April. So its all just sad :(

Quoting momcat437:

You did what you could--let her go.

Quoting gexgirl:

Quoting nurbabe82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)