Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF????They Haven't Paid Off Our Loans!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

DH & I traded in our 2 cars on 8-13-10.  We bought a new Jeep from the dealership when we traded in our vehicles.  Sounds simple enough right?  Well, our loan payments on the 2 cars we traded in are due on the 1st & the 6th.  As of this morning the dealership has not paid them off yet!!!!  I don't ever pay bills late & I don't want to have these a$$holes screwing up my credit.  I called them the middle of last week to see what the deal was & the lady (I use that term loosely) said they would be paying them on Monday at the latest.  Now, Monday was 8-30-10, that's over 2 weeks later!  Is there anything I can do besides call the dealership again in the morning and talk to a manager or something?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherrycheri
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 PM

bump

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

even if they pay them late as long as its not over 30 days late your credit will not be effected.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM

oh crap yeah talk to the manager and see if there is an owner or someone higher up

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I would not be calling them, I would be going up there personally and talking to the manager about it.

raegansmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:23 PM

What about the difference in our pay off amount?  It will change.  We had to give them the per diem amount as well as the 10 day pay off amount when we were there.  Can they come back on us for the difference?  And What happens if someone wrecks one of the cars (they are already on their website for sale) would that effect anything?

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

even if they pay them late as long as its not over 30 days late your credit will not be effected.

mybabybugssmile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Go there personally.

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I would stay on top of it until I go the right answers!

ajfairleigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Lots of simple solutions.  Contact original lender. Let them know you noticed this hasn't been paid off, that you have in fact traded in the vehicles and the pay off was part of your new contract, that the dealership is to be paying the pay off.  Also go online with your DMV or MVD depending on where you are.  You should be able to submit a form of notification that the vehicle was sold/traded.  This will relieve you of any hassle over financial responsibility regarding insurance and such until the dealership takes care of things on their end.  Lastly, in your contract with dealership, it should state pay off amounts and what you paid, if it changes due to laziness on dealership part, then usually they have to eat the difference. (at least that is what happened when I traded in a car and they did not get the pay off sent in on time, since I had it in writing that they were paying off original loan).  Also talk to the manager and financing manager if you have a new loan, when you make it clear that you will hold them responsible for any extra costs to you due to lax professionalism, well they probably will get their heads out of their butts and get it taken car of.  Hope this helps:)

raegansmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Thank you!!!  I have the original paper work that says we were trading in the cars for X amount of money each but I can't find where it says when & that they are paying them off!?!?  I am going to make some phone calls in the morning & if all is not handled to my satisfaction, I will be going to the dealership & reaming someone big time! 

Quoting ajfairleigh:

Lots of simple solutions.  Contact original lender. Let them know you noticed this hasn't been paid off, that you have in fact traded in the vehicles and the pay off was part of your new contract, that the dealership is to be paying the pay off.  Also go online with your DMV or MVD depending on where you are.  You should be able to submit a form of notification that the vehicle was sold/traded.  This will relieve you of any hassle over financial responsibility regarding insurance and such until the dealership takes care of things on their end.  Lastly, in your contract with dealership, it should state pay off amounts and what you paid, if it changes due to laziness on dealership part, then usually they have to eat the difference. (at least that is what happened when I traded in a car and they did not get the pay off sent in on time, since I had it in writing that they were paying off original loan).  Also talk to the manager and financing manager if you have a new loan, when you make it clear that you will hold them responsible for any extra costs to you due to lax professionalism, well they probably will get their heads out of their butts and get it taken car of.  Hope this helps:)

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I just got a 100 response lecture on this CS etiquette .. bake them a cake!

Quoting raegansmom:

DH & I traded in our 2 cars on 8-13-10.  We bought a new Jeep from the dealership when we traded in our vehicles.  Sounds simple enough right?  Well, our loan payments on the 2 cars we traded in are due on the 1st & the 6th.  As of this morning the dealership has not paid them off yet!!!!  I don't ever pay bills late & I don't want to have these a$$holes screwing up my credit.  I called them the middle of last week to see what the deal was & the lady (I use that term loosely) said they would be paying them on Monday at the latest.  Now, Monday was 8-30-10, that's over 2 weeks later!  Is there anything I can do besides call the dealership again in the morning and talk to a manager or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)