Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So,

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm grocery shopping at walmart ans as we're there my oldest (14).Gets into an argument with my hubby. First off let me say that I am 5'0 and he is 5'8...so taller and stockier than me. When the "dicussion" between my hubby and our son started to annoy me I turned around and said "Joey...what did your father say?!" He didn't even argue..."Yes,ma'm." with his head down( probably glaring  :+P ). At this point the woman behind me says in a shocked voice..."But, he's BIGGER than you." I gave her my "sweetest" smile...."Yup,he's also still "scared" of me."

I've been trying to figure out ever since do most people think once your child is "bigger" than you it's ok for them to stop behaving/respecting their parents? 

I'm 34 years old and til this day if my mother says "BRANDY SOLEDAD" I immediately answer..."Yes,ma'm?!"

Life isn't like a box of chocolates . . . it's more like a jar of jalapenos.. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM

momma you ROCK

.kk.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM
No.
Orchidmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I wish it would be that way with my brother and my mom . She's 5'1 and my brother is 6'2 and he's always answering back and being rude.

momcat437
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Good for you!!  I wish more parents would stop being their kids' friend and be their parent!!

clapping

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Good for you mama!

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

AlyssaL
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM
that worked with my sister, when i was bigger and could kick her butt, but I still listen when my dad said anything! but I never listened to my mom. I hope my kids are still listening to me at that age and beyond!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrycheri
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Bigger or not he still needs to respect his parents. :)

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:32 PM

My boys listen to me way more than they do their father. But,they know that when I get mad they are REALLY in trouble. My hubby just threatens punishment......wink mini

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Hah! After my brother started outgrowing my mom, she always said she could still put them over her knee!

Other kids that would go to my moms house didn't disrespect her. She was always pleasant, but you know when talking to her not to cross her.

When she was in school to be a cop, her instructor told her that even he was 'afraid' of her...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:40 PM

The kids that come to my house to play with my kids behave at my house also.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Hah! After my brother started outgrowing my mom, she always said she could still put them over her knee!

Other kids that would go to my moms house didn't disrespect her. She was always pleasant, but you know when talking to her not to cross her.

When she was in school to be a cop, her instructor told her that even he was 'afraid' of her...

Life isn't like a box of chocolates . . . it's more like a jar of jalapenos.. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)