Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help Please! Update in Red

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

Thank you all for keeping my sister in your thoughts and prayers.  Unfortunately she lost the baby today.  Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  I just hope they are able to heal from this and continue trying for the baby that they so desperately want.

I am hoping that some of you ladies can give me a little information about an abnormally shaped amniotic sac.  My sister went went into the Dr. two weeks ago with some stomach pains (she was 7 weeks pregnant at the time).  They did an ultra sound and said that the baby was only measuring 5w5d.   The doctor at that time told he she would likely miscarry.  Well she went back into the dr. today for another ultra sound.  She has not miscarried so they thought they might need to do a DNC.  When she went in today the baby has developed to 7w5d and has a heart beat but the amniotic sac was abnormally shaped.  It looked more crescent and was not round.  The Dr. told her she needs to come back in in 1 week for another ultra sound but that she most likely would miscarry.  Has anyone had this problem and the baby was ok?  I would love to hear some good news. 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM

BUMP!

momcat437
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I have no clue but I sure hope she and the baby are okay!! God bless!bump

Nikki9484
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I have never heard anything like that hope everything works out!

jitterbuug48
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM

BUMP!

pegleg63
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Sorry to hear this, miracles do happen, maybe there will be good news yet.

ashmac03
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Thank you for the bumps ladies!  I am hoping someone knows something about this.  I have tried to search online but find very little about it.

gracysmom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Hum, new for me..never heard of this...BUT maybe she is not taking in enough fluids??? Tell her to drink water ALLLL day LOL I know that sounds crazy but it's possible and I don't think it could hurt? Maybe she can call her doc and see what they day....Miracles do happen and I wish her the best of luck and will send a quick prayer up for her and the baby.

ashmac03
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Thank you for the advice!  I will pass it along.  I am sure it can't hurt.  We are all hoping for the best.  This is her first baby and they were so excited.

Quoting gracysmom2007:

Hum, new for me..never heard of this...BUT maybe she is not taking in enough fluids??? Tell her to drink water ALLLL day LOL I know that sounds crazy but it's possible and I don't think it could hurt? Maybe she can call her doc and see what they day....Miracles do happen and I wish her the best of luck and will send a quick prayer up for her and the baby.

ashmac03
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM

anyone?

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:50 PM

no clue but I will pray for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)