Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you told someone...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you told someone that you were starting to feel like they were taking you for granted.....

And they looked at you and said "well , there is nothing i can do about that".

What would you do ?

Sorry should have been more specific....this scenerio would be for your other half..whether it be dh,fiance, SO......

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 PM

be more specific. when you do XYZ i feel that you are taking what i do for granted for you .

gracysmom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Depends on who it is..if it was my husband I'd have a serious chat with him and let him know how I feel...if it was someone else I'd just let them be for a while...not answer phone calls /text messages, not be around them for a bit, and the next couple of "favors" they asked I'd not do them...

jitterbuug48

I would stop letting them take me for granted...

jillbailey26

Stop letting them take me for granted.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Vari3tyTonight

Say "there is, but obviously you're not going to do it."

momcat437
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:37 PM

What she said!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Stop letting them take me for granted.

taramac
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Probably cut my losses and move on.  Obviously they don't give a shit and probably never will.

YesNoMaybe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I really have no idea what exact you are talking about but something"I" am guilty of (expecting certain things and being let down) was talked about in a book I read recently and maybe it applies to you too???

..............."Let's use the example of friendship and how removing the element of life from a noun can drastically alter a relationship. Mack, if you and I are friends, there is an expectancy that exists within our relationship. When we see each other or are apart, there is an expectancy of being together, of laughing and talking. That expectancy has no concrete definition; it is alive and dynamic and everything that emerges from our being together is a unique gift shared by no one else. But what happens if I change that expectancy to an expectation - spoken or unspoken? Suddenly, law has entered into our relationship. You are now expected to perform in a way that meets my expectations. Our living friendship rapidly deteriorates into a dead thing with rules and requirements. It is no longer about you and me, but about what friends are supposed to do, or the responsibilities of a good friend:' ..................

.......expectations are the basis of guilt and shame and judgment .........

.......The idea behind expectations requires that someone does not know the future or outcome and is trying to control behavior to get the desired results...............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)