Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some mom's need to know when to SHUT-UP!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 42 Replies

Okay, before I begin this has nothing to do with cafemom.com.  In that light I was at the grocery store by myself, and my kids wanted to help.  However they both started to fight about who was gonna do what.  Well I warned them that if they didn't stop we were gonna leave the store.  Well after several protests from them they said No and we continued.  Well I went to the grapes and as I was looking at them I noticed this mom kept looking in my direction and giving me dirty looks.  Well, my kids again started bickering and my oldest started stealing grapes from the fruit stand which he knows is not allowed, so I gave them a choice that we either leave the store or they get a spanking.  Needless to say they didn't want to leave the store so I tapped them, (YES TAPPED them) on the hinney just to warn them that I mean business and after that they said sorry but before we could continue our shopping, this mom came over and litereally told me that " It's apperhent that you can't control your kids, you are making a scene and you need to leave the store, NOW!" I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say, I did start to tear up only cause I am 8.5 mon pregnant, it's been a very long day, I didn't get much of a nap and I am dead tired.  So anyway my kids did straighten up and as we were headed out of the store this same mom cuts me off doesn't say anything and just throws me this look that could kill.  Needless to say at that point ALL GLOVES were off and I didn't care what came out of my mouth although I was nice and no obsentities came out.  I just told her in no uncertain terms that these were my kids, not hers, and if she didn't like how I disciplined them to keep her mouth shut, mind her own business and keep right on walking.  She started to "bitch" at me but I wasn't having it, I took my kids by the hand and we quietly walked out of the store.  All I can say is WTF what is it about people these day, why can't they just allow parents be parents, I mean it wasn't like I was beating my kids, infact my kids weren't even crying when the incident happened.  Man I hate this town.. I so need to move....

Largest Database of Images For Comments And Profiles at FreeCommentTags.com

http://www.katienewmangiftsandhome.com/store/aGo.asp?aff=198
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canegirl0700
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Sorry mama I agree people need to mind their damn business. Its not like you were beating the crap out of your kids.

BabyinAug08
Wow what authority did she have to tell you leave?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stressedmomma13

I hate holier than thou types. Seriously, we ALL have bad days, even the youngest of children.

sati769leigh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:50 PM

she picked one with a woman as far gone as you? that was SUICIDAL

epoh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM
This post makes me pissed off for you >:|
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hecate9
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM
her own god-given one apparently...lol

Quoting BabyinAug08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeljosh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Quoting sati769leigh:

she picked one with a woman as far gone as you? that was SUICIDAL

Your comment is priceless, LOL.  I about fell off my chair when I read it, LOL...

Largest Database of Images For Comments And Profiles at FreeCommentTags.com

http://www.katienewmangiftsandhome.com/store/aGo.asp?aff=198
TheTaoOfKim
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:53 PM

somebody obviously told her she was the boss of you..........screw her

wsv777
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM
You are SOOO much STRONGER ( willed) then me bc I would have went off on her! How dare she tell U what to do with UR kids! I don't care if they cried or not you reserve the RIGHT to discipline as U see fit for UR kids!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyinAug08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Haha I agree. Wow. I probably would have something smartass like fine you deal with it miss perfect.

Quoting Hecate9:

her own god-given one apparently...lol

Quoting BabyinAug08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)