Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interview at a radio station tomorrow.. EDIT to add Pics & Poll *EDIT regarding job

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Which shirt?

Options:

Striped Sweater

Blue Long-sleeved

Black short sleeved shirt (not pictured yet)

Find a different shirt

Grey slacks with...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

I suck at interviewing. I just do.

I have been offered a couple of jobs in the past month, but it seems like the jobs I REALLY want I just mess up in the interview.

I have an interview for a promotions assistant at my favorite radio station tomorrow and I need some tips! ANYTHING :)

Also- I'll try to get some pics up soon of my options (some are washing haha), but should I wear grey dress pants or black? My shoe options are black dress flats or brown dressy boots (though I would only wear them with the grey if at all hehe). I did have some gorgeous heels somewhere but can't find them to save my life. Sweater? Black button up shirt? Blouse? Just a nicer shirt?

I'm serious.. ANYTHING you have to offer (past, calm the f down, because I KNOW that's going to come from someone lol) I want to hear :D

Thanks for tuning in again ladies :) So while searching shirts, I realized my one button-up is now too small for my nursing bustline. Also, my other shirt options are in the wash. ALSO haha) I left my grey slacks at my mom's (she insisted on helping with laundry- yeahyeah!) so I can't model them :(

While taking photos, I realized my bazongas are massive. I apologize.

I apologize for the mess & the lack of  make up hehe

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to take a pic- last night was hectic (DH had to go to the ER)..

So I went to Old Navy and bought this cardigan:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5382&vid=1&pid=770297&scid=770297002

and this shirt to go under (Except what I bought was a tank top and didn't have buttons on it. I did not take off the cardigan since I was wearing a tank.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=14295&vid=1&pid=771923&scid=771923022

So, thanks to you ladies, your honesty, and my lack of striped sweater I GOT THE JOB!! I can't thank you ladies enough :)

a wedding website

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceemuhreeashbee
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:38 PM

BUMP!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Here is a bump! I have no tips. I hated interviewing.

luv2wahm
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I always say business casual is best...black slacks, black flats, nice blouse...nicely groomed, easy on the perfume. Double check a mirror before entering so you don't have anything stuck in your teeth or lipstick on your teeth.

Speak slowly and concisely, listen to each question asked before answering. If you can, find out a little more about the position google what a promotion assisant does at a radio station. Many times from a job description you can determine what types of questions will be asked at an interview.

house_wife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:46 PM

you need to look lively, attractive, and timely. Please post a picture of the outfit you plan on wearing?

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I know it's getting late- but I'm showering tonight to save time, and just doing my hair in the morning, so when I'm out I will whip out the camera and make husband play fashion show with me so I can get some opinions, I'd really appreciate them!

house_wife
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM

lol ok then

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:06 AM

BUMP!

house_wife
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:09 AM

The pants seem illfitting in the crotch area. the white stripped shirt is not flattering. Your face and hair are amazing. What about getting your grey pants and a black top with a long neclace to de-emphasis the boobs?

house_wife
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:10 AM

And you need to wear heels.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:16 AM

ahh I know, I'm trying to ind them :) Does it matter if they are peek-a-boo? Should I paint my toenails or remove the polish?- and I TOTALLY appreciate your honesty- I swear they don't fit that bad, I pulled up at the thighs because they are long on me- but I can absolutely do the grey pants (they are newer and from Lane Bryant so they may be better fitting!) and I have a long sleeved black shirt and short one and about a million lace camis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)