Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 weeks pregnant and had a car accident. *UPDATE!!!*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM
  • 38 Replies

We were at alight waiting on green for a turn signal. We were in the turning lane. The woman behind us failed to stop and hit us. Our car and her car was not damaged but she did move our car. I tensed up my legs with the impact and my back is sore. I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. I am calling my doctor and making an apt for my ob. I am unsure of what to expect. It was not a severe impact at all but google is scaring the sh!t out of me.. Anybody else have a simalar situation. 

Update. We went to the doctor this morning and she did a doppler and couldn't find anything.. I was worried sick when I didn't hear the heartbeat then the doc said she found the heartbeat but the baby is so small that they she couldn't get a good read. So she pulled out the ultrasound and we got to see our baby and the baby's heart beating so the baby is doing great and we have a picture!!! 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM

you did get her insurance info and everything right??

Gracelynn2011
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM

yes i was 4 months pregnant with twins i had a roll over car accident we were hit by a drunk driver the driver fled the scence i was in hosptial they deterimed them ok but a week later i went in to preterm labor at 5 mmonths an lost them not to scare u ur mva was minor u should be fine

crazymama1008

oh yeah, cops , ambulance and a fire truck.. My back is sore so when I called to report the accident they sent the whole world. I wasn't in THAT much pain so I didn't elect to get ambulanced to the hosp.  but she said to contact my ob and make an apt. 

Quoting gypsy_rose:

you did get her insurance info and everything right??

CafeMom Tickers

sati769leigh

aww honey you must be soo worried. i am sure the baby is fine though. that was a very low impact accident.

crazymama1008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM

omg I am only 10 weeks though... @_@ I hope your babies were okay. 

Quoting Gracelynn2011:

yes i was 4 months pregnant with twins i had a roll over car accident we were hit by a drunk driver the driver fled the scence i was in hosptial they deterimed them ok but a week later i went in to preterm labor at 5 mmonths an lost them not to scare u ur mva was minor u should be fine

CafeMom Tickers

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM

If it makes you feel better, I was in one too, 12 weeks with twins.  It was pretty hard, we were rear ended.  The babies were 100% ok...but I was sore as hell the next day.  Be careful with google diagnosis...most of the time it scares you more than anything.  It's a good idea to go in (always better safe than sorry) but don't get yourself worked up and afraid.  You'd be surprised how well padded everything is for baby!

crazymama1008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I am terrified. I read that even small impact can cause placenta abruption.  I know at 10 weeks the placenta is forming I also know that the baby is well protected but since I tensed up I don't know if I harmed my child.. :(

Quoting sati769leigh:

aww honey you must be soo worried. i am sure the baby is fine though. that was a very low impact accident.

CafeMom Tickers

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. The baby is extemely protected in there.

I seen a story on TLC about a woman who skydived while pregnant and her chute failed to open. She did not know she was pregnant but she was early on into her pregnancy, like 7-8 weeks I think?

She landed on her stomach and the baby not only lived but was perfectly healthy.

crazymama1008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I hope so ! My dd and dh were also in the car but they were not phased at all. 

Quoting katzmeow726:

If it makes you feel better, I was in one too, 12 weeks with twins.  It was pretty hard, we were rear ended.  The babies were 100% ok...but I was sore as hell the next day.  Be careful with google diagnosis...most of the time it scares you more than anything.  It's a good idea to go in (always better safe than sorry) but don't get yourself worked up and afraid.  You'd be surprised how well padded everything is for baby!

CafeMom Tickers

erin6704
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I'm not really sure, honestly I think it is different for every situation and person. But to give you some hope my friend got in a car accident (her car was totaled) when she was 8 weeks pregnant and her daughter is now 5. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)