Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GET OFF YOUR A**!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

okay I love my husband with all of my heart. For the last year i have been a STAHM and about a month ago i got a fulltime job at a nursing home. Its a demanding job but I love it. Well in the past when i worked i didnt ask him to do awhole lot to help out. But i realize i am not superwoman and I cant do it all espically with three children. How do i get him to help out. the first week was really good he did the dishes and a load of laundry but as the days and weeks went by the help got less and less. i asked him to start helping more and he got offended saying he did the dishes and a load of laundry. i got pissed off and told sorry if he got offended if i asked for more help. he apologized but has not offered to help. If  i asked him he might remember to do something. I am getting wore out by doing everything in our house and for our three small children. how do i get him to help me out more? i just want to tell him if he doesnt i am going to quit and he can pay all the bills. Please help me!!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM

BUMP!

ouhildy4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I'm really sorry! I don't know how to help u on this one. I can't even get mine to do anything. I just ask over and over and then do it myself and when he gets mad at me I tell him if he did it when I asked I wouldn't have to. The only way mine helps is that I finally told him I'd leave him if he didn't do anything to help. We have 4 under the age of 5. Hope yours gets better!! The only thing I can suggest is sitting down with him and telling him openly and calmly that if he doesn't help you will have to quit ur job because ur kids and ur house are  more important.

good luck

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM

thanks it just that i love my job and yes he works fulltime also but it is not a physically demanding job. and plus i get our lunches ready (we both work 2-10) and figure out what the kdis will eat and sometimes even make it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)