Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atheists, I have a question.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have recently realized that I no longer have faith that there is a God.  It's possible, but I don't really believe it anymore.  So I have been re-contemplating EVERYTHING.  I used to believe in ghosts...do you?  I think that when we die, we just die, like animals, and we just no longer have a consciousness.  Do you believe we have souls, and that we can linger on Earth? 

-Ashley, Conservative RepublicanSouthern Baptist in doubt of my faithPro-Life, raised in the SOUTH, can be stuck in my ways close-mindedWife of 5 years to PedroMother to Azriel <survivor of GastroschisisShort Bowel Syndrome, & a Small Bowel+Liver+Pancreas Transplant & US Army Soldier 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queenchula
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:15 PM

BUMP!

.kk.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:15 PM
I'm not an atheist, but I'm not really sure what I believe any more, either. I think that even if God does exist, when we die, that is it. We are worm food.
StructuredChaos
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I'm not really sure what I believe about souls...  I don't know if it just my silly childhood fears creeping back around, but I have often seen things in the dark that make me wonder if spirits do exist, if they do I think it is a kind of energy, not really a "soul". 

ReachtotheStars
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I do not believe in Ghosts my dh and I follow the secular humanist philosophy.  Look it up you might like it.  GL on your path mama whatever you choose.  :)

kbishop8688
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:18 PM

If we dont, I have seen and been around some pretty unexplainable things...

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:20 PM

im agnostic..i dont KNOW if there is a god or not but i accept the possibility of either case. as for ghosts yes. My friend Danny died in a mountain climbing accident. i was freaking out trying to get shoes to go with my NJROTC uniform that were in regs and when i found them i had realised i left the money at home. i had 45 minutes to get home and back before the mall closed. at the end i was so frazzled i got in my car and screamed "i hope your fucking happy Danny i got the  shoes" and my car stick..you know the automatics have that stick that comes up from the floor board with the button you push in to unlock it from park to drive slid all the way down and then back up without me even having the car on.  i think maybe its a  transformation..like a butterfly..caterpillars and butterflies look nothing alike but they are the same insect...so its a transition. of course that still doesn't stop me form being scared of dying lol. i find myself talking alot about karma and life in the universe not just on this planet...i mean how conceited do we have to be to believe we are the absolute only intelligent life when there are all these other universe ya know lol.

piercedbeauty21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I don't believe in God for many reasons. I think that souls are something that are earned throughout our lives, not something that we're born with. As for ghost and spirits, I've always believed in them.

lilmisscee1974
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I have to believe in ghosts, we have a presence in the house we live now.I don't think I have a soul.I walked away from being a Christian about 7 months ago.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I'm Atheist and I don't believe in ghosts, but the mind is a very powerful organ and I do THINK that sometimes that energy can be left behind... Never had any proof on that though.....
I don't believe in souls for sure.... Your "soul" along with the thought of god is nothing more than your consesnesses.

ruejacobs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:34 PM

nope. i believe that what we refer to as a soul is really just a series of chemical reactions taking place inside our brains.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)