Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sons first football scrimage =(

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 6 yr old had his first football scrimage today and the caoches barely played him. I'm kind of upset about it because these are YOUNG kids who just want to have fun, they should all get to play equally regardless of talent.  Should I mention something to the coaches or just let it go?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KellyOh72
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Do you know if they have a rule where everyone is supposed to play? I guess you can mention it just try not to be bitchy about it. Dont want to come off on the wrong foot.

n03z07l08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Quoting KellyOh72:

Do you know if they have a rule where everyone is supposed to play? I guess you can mention it just try not to be bitchy about it. Dont want to come off on the wrong foot.

I believe they do because they did make sure to let everyone go in atleast oce-But some kids were on the feild the WHOLE time. I dont want to make a huge deal out of it I just dont want my son to be bored and I want him to learn kwim?

chalisa0
by Kim on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM

6 does seem young to be playing favorites already.  My kids played soccer not football, but that didn't happen until high school with dd (who was good and HAD to play the whole game-she hated it!) and in middle school they still play equal time for all for ds. 

Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Keep in mind a scrimmage isn't an official game and the rules are more relaxed. Pop Warner has a minimum play rule. Each child has to play a minimum amount of plays per game. At the "tiny mite" level I think they have to split the kids 1/2 on offense 1/2 on defense - so basically 1/2 the game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
n03z07l08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Thats one of the reasons I thought everyone should have goten a chance to play..Its an exra learning chance that really doesnt count kwim? They didnt split it either, the same boys who played offense played defense as well.

Quoting Kristen1010:

Keep in mind a scrimmage isn't an official game and the rules are more relaxed. Pop Warner has a minimum play rule. Each child has to play a minimum amount of plays per game. At the "tiny mite" level I think they have to split the kids 1/2 on offense 1/2 on defense - so basically 1/2 the game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)