Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One day post Gallbladdery Surgery removal....what can I eat?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am sick of soup and oatmeal already lol. What can I eat? My surgeon didn't mention anything, said I could eat normal but I know that is not right.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 PM

All you can do is try. I would start out slow on high fat foods though.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM

No your surgeon is right.  I would stay away from high fat foods but other than that you should be fine!

JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM
I've told you what I have eaten. I still haven't had any problems. Everyone is different though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
Whatnia considered high at? I am pretty clueless. Obviously no fast food or fried food....what about rice, chicken, a sandwich??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
*what is...dang Iphone lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tomatoqueen
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Actually, your surgeon was right. I would avoid salads and super spicy foods for a few weeks. Only trial and error will tell you what you can and can't eat. I know some who can't eat leafy greens and others who can't eat corn. Good luck. I ate moo goo gai pan (hope I spelled that) right after surgery and had no problem.

JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM
I ate kung pao chicken the day I had my surgery. Which was yesterday too. I had teriyaki chicken tonight. All with no problems.

Quoting tomatoqueen:

Actually, your surgeon was right. I would avoid salads and super spicy foods for a few weeks. Only trial and error will tell you what you can and can't eat. I know some who can't eat leafy greens and others who can't eat corn. Good luck. I ate moo goo gai pan (hope I spelled that) right after surgery and had no problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NessaLovesEmma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:40 PM

This.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

No your surgeon is right.  I would stay away from high fat foods but other than that you should be fine!

NessaLovesEmma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Wow you are lucky then. I still can't eat a lot of foods and I had my surgery almost 3 years ago.

Quoting JAIRATRACI:

I ate kung pao chicken the day I had my surgery. Which was yesterday too. I had teriyaki chicken tonight. All with no problems.

Quoting tomatoqueen:

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Maybe the anasthesia has you backed up so that why it hasn't affected you? I hope not hut I have about 5 friends that all have their gallbladder out and none of them eat fatty food without paying for it. I'm also super paranoid lol. I might be more adventerous tomorrow....but fir now it's been soup and oatmeal, and a couple bites of plain chicken breast. So boring! I want what you're eating lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)