Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you heard of this punishment for poo painting?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Cold shower to clean poop paint?

Options:

Heard of it, have not done it

heard of it, and done it, it WORKS

Heard of it, done it and my child still painted again

Never heard of it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

On a local mommy met up group, not even assoicated with cafemom. There was the discussion of toddlers taking their diapers off and if they happened to have pooped the child would take the poop and paint themselves, walls, etc. My son never did this but I have know a few that have, not that uncommon, well the majority of the mothers said they read somewhere or it was suggested to them, that when if the child does this you need to curb it by cleaning them off in a cold shower. I was a bit suprised.

Anyways I had forgotten about that night until I was reading another post on here, then I thought how many mom's beside the local click (and I use that word correctly, I am not a part of it, I didn't pass the test of having a stepford child but that is another post/vent) around here heard of it? Or did it?

Want to know about me, come to my page and read the about me section, want to help me out read my journal here and/or join  my facebook Pay it foward, and help your fellow man MOM

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:58 PM

If someone suggested this to you, if you never heard it would you have tried it? Why or why not?

elly25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Never heard of that before. The only thing that I've heard of a cold shower being good for was cooling off if it was hot out or if you've lost your temper.

That sounds mean to me.

lilblu399
by Tamika on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM

No, that just sounds stupid, if the kid is getting the diaper maybe looking into potty training or something else,it may make them fear water/showers.

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 PM
My ds painted himself and his crib when he was around 10 months old. I carried him into the bathroom and gave him a warm bath and cleaned him up. I could never ever ever torture him like that! (it is torture I had to take cold showers for a week when my hot water heater blew up! I boiled water for ds and put it in the sink with cold water for his baths when that happened)

If it were summer and he was older then maybe I'd hose him off in the backyard.

I cannot vote because I'm Mobil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Quoting lilblu399:

No, that just sounds stupid, if the kid is getting the diaper maybe looking into potty training or something else,it may make them fear water/showers.

That is what I was thinking, I mean this one mom said her child was shivering and practicly blue, an cried the whole time but he never did it again so it works. I was really shocked.

Want to know about me, come to my page and read the about me section, want to help me out read my journal here and/or join  my facebook Pay it foward, and help your fellow man MOM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)