Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mom can't find my dad and i really don't have the energy to deal with this right now

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 23 Replies

around 6 my dad just got up and left..abruptly. he has been up all day so going on 48 hours and was rambling about people and life and how his friend understands..and he just got up and left. My mom has called his cell phone repeatedly back to back to back and no answer and she doesn't know who this friend is..all she has is first names of the guy and his wife. She is worried as its now 10..no dad..this is the lastest he has ever been out..not to mention the fact he isn't answering his cell phone and the fact he has been up so long. ( he works nights)

I don't know what happened to make him leave..but seriously i wish he would come home soon. My poor mother is pacing the floors with worry about him..i told her she needs to get last names of the friends. I called the police and hospitals no accidents or anyone with his name at all so that is a plus but seriously where the FUCK is my dad?

EDIT

He made it back around 1. Yes he has been stressed out;  my mom has emphyzma and there are other things going on that is causing him to worry and stress about the smallest things..he also had eye surgery a few months back that has't done what it should and he is worried he may one day lose his vision.

thanks everyone.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexhuntercody
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM

11118 and still nothing..what do you do in this situation? We have NO idea where he is..i mean i know where he said he was going but without a last name, phone number or address for those people what else can we do? Getting really worried myself now..this is NOT my dad. AT ALL!

PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Try googling their first names together with the town they might live in. Like "steve and sandy town, state" or go to whitepages.com and do the same..if he's in a smallish town it might work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norasmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 PM

man. . . no clue what to tell you. is he just stressed and burnt out?

mommy0815
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Sorry mama! Hope he comes home soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:30 AM

He has been awake for 48 hours?  I hope everything's okay!

ajtherad
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joken
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM

BUMP!

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Think about the best outcome, but prepare for the worst. I hope he is okay. If he has been up for fourty-eight hours maybe after he got to his friends house, he fell asleep on the couch and that is why he is not answering the phone, or maybe he is at his friends house talking with them about what the situation was and why he is so upset. Maybe they are not picking up because they know it's your mom and he has told them not to answer if she calls. At least there are no accidents.

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

ForeverMeme
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)