Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does CPS take ALL the kids?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 1 Replies

here's the short version. the "kids" in the household, is my 12 year old brother, 5 year old sister and 4 year old son (he'll be 5 in Oct)

My sister is BAD. earlier today, she got my car keys, went outside and unlocked the car door, got in- turned the car on. she pulled the break- doesnt know how to do the shift- but i'm sure she attempted it. mom was yelling at her to unlock the door, while she was laughing at the same time! (wtf, right?)

anyways- i plan on talking with my mom about her problems tomorrow (her discipline, her lack of attention to her 5 year old, etc). hopefully it helps, but i'm more than positive it wont- especially since its not the first time that my 5 year old sister has done things bad like this (she also runs out the house and doesnt come back until we chase her, etc-- all while mom laughs)... i'll watch to see what my mom does about her parenting- if it changes, but if it doesnt, i plan on calling CPS to let them know about her/our situation.

i'm mainly giving her this last chance b/c i'm afraid that they will take all the kids, including my 4 year old son until it gets situated... but the thing is- my son doesnt act like her. yea- he tried doing the back talk, running away, not listening, etc- but i nipped that in the butt (bud?). and yea- he still attempts/wants to do those bad things (not listening, obeying the rules, etc)- but i figure its normal 4 year old behavior that i need to correct through trial and error.

the biggest difference between my son and her daughter, is that she isnt supervised, while my son is.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I think they would look into it. I don't think they would take all or any of the kids. They might recommend your mom go through parenting classes and your sister go through therpy. I wish I could be of more help but when my brother went thrpugh this that is what they did to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)