Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mirena. this can not be normal.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've had mirena in place since after having DD. so its been in since march of 2009. my periods never slowed or anything. But i have always had consistent periods, until now. 

Lately, meaning like in the past 5 weeks i have had a period, or spotting or whatever it's called, every week. and its not just like a spot of blood , no it's like I have to use tampons for a day or two. or three, and then it stops but a week later it's back. I have been having some cramping too but it's not anything more than just premenstrual cramping.  

This can't be normal, and it's getting annoying. anyone been through this with the iud?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allycally
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I have learned from here: Dont get Mirena

alotta_fagina
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 PM

lol unfortunately its too late - its already in and has been in for about  a year and a half now. 

IleanRight
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I have the mirena (2 1/2 years now) I went a year without a period then had one for 5 months (once a month) and now haven't had one since march...I hate this thing need to get it taken out but when I went they couldn't find it and i haven't had the time to go to the OB 60 miles away

alotta_fagina
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

Kaydence2010
by Maggie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Glad I didn't get mirena. I'll stick with my depo short
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheTaoOfKim
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM

there is no guarantees with mirena because of the hormones. everyone reacts differently to them. even if you did wellon BC before pregnancy your hormones shift so much after birth that your body may never be the same as it once was. I have a paragard. I bled heavily once a month for 3 months and spoted the first 6 weeks. Now I have a normal period and no issues whatsoever.

Every Saint has a past .........

.......every sinner has a future

kameronsmommy08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Go get checked.I'm 34 weeks pregnant.my mirena is impanted in me,it grew into the tissue linning.
SxyPanamami83
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:49 PM

ive been on the mirena sicne may 2008. have nver had a problem and havent had a period in two years either. ocne in a blue moon ill spot. if you dont think its normal get checked.

workgoat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Same here, it messed me up big time and they had to do a complete hysterectomy on me! I was all scarred up and had cycts and embedded in 2 years! Never do the strange things in there! I call Tampons (Stoppers) cause it does stop it up and should come out! I even had a friend to die from them (toxic shock syndrom) I used them when going swimming and that was it! Good luck and get that thing out!

Karyanne24
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM
I think everybody is different.... Depo made me bleed for months and turned me into a crazy person!

Quoting Kaydence2010:

Glad I didn't get mirena. I'll stick with my depo short

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)