Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE!!!! I have a ?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

My hubby and I have the Samsung Messenger phones from straight talk. We have been trying for days to put music on these damn things and nothing is working. We formatted are SD cards and made all the songs into mp3 format and placed the songs on the cards. Now, the music plays on our laptops but our phones won't recognize the music on the phones.

Can anyone help me with this? I am losing my freakin temper and I am ready pitch this phone through the damn window...lol

I can download pretty much whatever, but we can't get our music from our laptops to play on the phone....grrrrrrr!!!

HELP!!!! Thank you

Here is a pic of the phone we have.

True Blood

by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaeroo
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM

i have straighttalk, but not that phone, sorry

lillynbraedyn
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:41 PM
My husband had that phone and he could never get the music to work or download anything. Plus he had it 2ms and the keypad stopped working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerthanB4
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

jillbailey26
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Try plugging the phone into the computer directly with the cord, make sure that the memory card is in the phone and manually transfer the songs through the cord. 

I have that same phone, but not with Straight Talk.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Make sure the sub-folders are correct.

You need to cut all of the files off of your SD card and paste them to your computer. Insert the SD card into the phone and go to the MP3 player; It will say zero files; Then take the SD card out of the phone and put it back into your computer. Open the card directory and you'll see the phone has created subfolders for you. Just paste your images into the My_Images folder; your music into the My_Music folder; your ringtones into the My_Ringtones folder; so forth and so on. 

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

angierose7679
by Angie on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Heres a bump. I have straight talk but not that phone. Sorry I couldnt help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerthanB4
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I only got a charger that came with the phone and that has to be plugged into the wall. There is no port for me to plug it into the computer on my phone.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Try plugging the phone into the computer directly with the cord, make sure that the memory card is in the phone and manually transfer the songs through the cord. 

I have that same phone, but not with Straight Talk.

LuvMyLilMonstrs
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I used to have that phone but whenever I put songs on there, it went to my ringtones. the whole song was there but it was in the ringtone section. I never figured out how to make it go to my music. sorry i couldnt help. =0)

strongerthanB4
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM

IT WORKED!!!! thank you sooo much!!!!

Quoting -42-:

You need to cut all of the files off of your SD card and paste them to your computer. Insert the SD card into the phone and go to the MP3 player; It will say zero files; Then take the SD card out of the phone and put it back into your computer. Open the card directory and you'll see the phone has created subfolders for you. Just paste your images into the My_Images folder; your music into the My_Music folder; your ringtones into the My_Ringtones folder; so forth and so on. 

LuvMyLilMonstrs
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Quoting -42-:

hmmm, i wonder if thatll work with my straight talk phone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)