Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How soon after gallbladder surgery can I take a bath?!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks since my surgery...the surgery tape over the incisions is almost falling off but I am dying for a bath....what do you think? I think all the incisions have healed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM
One of the tapes just came off and it's all healed. Scabby but closed. Wouldn't the rest be as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cstitch03
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Not necessarily when I had my gallbladder surgery I had one incision that took a week longer to heal than the others. I just continued to take showers until I went back to the doctor for my follow up.

PookaboosMom
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Idk but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BurntMom.10
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM

i showered that night

same with my csection i was allowed to shower right away with the butterfly tape...

My csections were on a tuesday am and only reason i didn't shower till wednesday was the magnesium was to be kept in same with my second and i didnt have staples nothing just tape and butterfly strips.

My gallbladder it was the first thing I did when I got home. I was given no restrictions on showering. Just NOT to pull the tape to trim it as it peeled.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM

You can shower but I wouldnt bathe until your incisions are completely closed...

Tigrlily07
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

was yours regular or laproscopic? i had the laproscopy, and i BELIEVE my doc said ten days. but call and ask to be on the safe side.

Mommyof3boys312
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Its been over 2 yrs for me so I really dont remember, but Im pretty sure they told me to make sure my incisions were dried good after a shower/bath

BabyNamey.com Name Badge
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:25 PM

OP was asking about a BATH not shower.  Op when I had mine out I was told to wait until checkup ( I believe was 2 weeks) so surgeon could look it over.

Quoting BurntMom.10:

i showered that night

same with my csection i was allowed to shower right away with the butterfly tape...

My csections were on a tuesday am and only reason i didn't shower till wednesday was the magnesium was to be kept in same with my second and i didnt have staples nothing just tape and butterfly strips.

My gallbladder it was the first thing I did when I got home. I was given no restrictions on showering. Just NOT to pull the tape to trim it as it peeled.

ginaroid
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

it's been one week today and i'm ready for a bath.  i did not have bandages after surgery.  they kept my incisions closed with surgical glue.  i'ts amazing; and is now falling off.  i had one hole where the glue came off two days ago and my incision hole is completely gone and no signs of scar.  i have bruises but they go away.  my concern is taking a bath.  i'm waiting for my dr. to call me back with an answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN