Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon after gallbladder surgery can I take a bath?!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks since my surgery...the surgery tape over the incisions is almost falling off but I am dying for a bath....what do you think? I think all the incisions have healed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM
One of the tapes just came off and it's all healed. Scabby but closed. Wouldn't the rest be as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cstitch03
Feeling down :(
Yesterday at 3:42 PM
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Not necessarily when I had my gallbladder surgery I had one incision that took a week longer to heal than the others. I just continued to take showers until I went back to the doctor for my follow up.

PookaboosMom
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Idk but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BurntMom.10
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM

i showered that night

same with my csection i was allowed to shower right away with the butterfly tape...

My csections were on a tuesday am and only reason i didn't shower till wednesday was the magnesium was to be kept in same with my second and i didnt have staples nothing just tape and butterfly strips.

My gallbladder it was the first thing I did when I got home. I was given no restrictions on showering. Just NOT to pull the tape to trim it as it peeled.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM

You can shower but I wouldnt bathe until your incisions are completely closed...

Tigrlily07
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

was yours regular or laproscopic? i had the laproscopy, and i BELIEVE my doc said ten days. but call and ask to be on the safe side.

Mommyof3boys312
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Its been over 2 yrs for me so I really dont remember, but Im pretty sure they told me to make sure my incisions were dried good after a shower/bath

BabyNamey.com Name Badge
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2010 at 11:25 PM

OP was asking about a BATH not shower.  Op when I had mine out I was told to wait until checkup ( I believe was 2 weeks) so surgeon could look it over.

Quoting BurntMom.10:

i showered that night

same with my csection i was allowed to shower right away with the butterfly tape...

My csections were on a tuesday am and only reason i didn't shower till wednesday was the magnesium was to be kept in same with my second and i didnt have staples nothing just tape and butterfly strips.

My gallbladder it was the first thing I did when I got home. I was given no restrictions on showering. Just NOT to pull the tape to trim it as it peeled.

ginaroid
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM

it's been one week today and i'm ready for a bath.  i did not have bandages after surgery.  they kept my incisions closed with surgical glue.  i'ts amazing; and is now falling off.  i had one hole where the glue came off two days ago and my incision hole is completely gone and no signs of scar.  i have bruises but they go away.  my concern is taking a bath.  i'm waiting for my dr. to call me back with an answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN