Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you send your child to school with a fever?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

I get my neighbors boys off the bus and watch them for like a 1/2 hour till their mom gets home. well one of the boys just ran off the bus and basicly jumped at me and said please take my temp! well my daughter just had this sickness and her fevers would spike, but thats all it was...just fevers nothing else. i know she told me monday evening he had a fever and tuesday he does after school program and he had 102.6 temp today off the bus. so i put something cooler on him and gave him a wet face towel to cool off. so mom comes home and i tell her. and she goes ugh, i know, he had a fever of 101 before school and he' had fevers all week. that erked me... i already agree'd to stay home with the boys if they were sick and im their emergency contact if they get sick at school. poor boy had a fever for 3 days and was stuck at school... not home getting better. would you send your child to school with a fever?

by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM

uh no. i dont send my son to school if he has green or yellow snot or if he threw up the night before school or had a fever. we typically wait 24 hours after the fever is gone or he hasent puked before we send him back

hinojoza0507
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM
No. Never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmazingGrace05
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Absolutely not... they ask you not to, b/c if there's a fever, it's usually a contagion. If he has a fever or is throwing up, I keep him home. The fever needs to be gone 24 hours... that is selfish of a parent to send their child to school with a fever.

jmart18255
by Jessica on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM

we are not allowed to send our kids to school with fevers here if we send them and they go to the nurse and have a fever we have to pick them up immediately and keep them home until they are fever free for 24-48 hours before they can go back..

MsDean
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM

No way! I took ds to the ped last year and she told me that when they have a fever they might be contagious and that I should always wait until my child has not had a fever for 24 hours before sending them to school.

.kk.
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Mostly I would say no.

stefvan
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM

No!

cbonneville
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:28 PM

yeah thats what i thought.. and i could understand she just got this new job monday, so i know tha would be hard, but she already knew I would watch him, and itold her tomorrow, i'd watch him...lets see if she will call.

Quoting MsDean:

No way! I took ds to the ped last year and she told me that when they have a fever they might be contagious and that I should always wait until my child has not had a fever for 24 hours before sending them to school.

CODYSMOM_00
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

no, never!!!!!

mommy2angels427
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)