Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lunch ideas for a two year old?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM
  • 19 Replies
So I am looking for new lunch ideas for my little guy. I feel like I am making the same things all the time! He always seems to be eating a pb&j, grilled cheese, sometimes I'll make up some pasta...there has to be other options! Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandafox
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Nothing? Hm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GigantaursMommy
by Mrs.Awesome Face on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Lol, I ask this question all the time and never get anything! The most someone ever said was that I didn't need a protein for lunch because my DS got it at breakfast but he doesn't because we do grains and fruit for breakfast. We eat:

Macaroni & cheese, vegetable, fruit

Grilled cheese and tomato soup

steak, tomato basil pasta

homemade burritos

turkey hotdogs, fruit salad

There are more but I can't think of them right now.

LilahandElliot
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM

We do soup, mac n cheese, leftovers, hot dogs, speghetii O's, sandwhiches, quasdilla's 

BatGirl1415
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I'm still trying to figure out meals for my daughter myself... so I'll be watching this thread.

collegemama2one
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM

cheese and lunch meat, pasta, chicken fingers and mac and cheese, hamburgers, those are a few that i use for my DD she is 3

mandafox
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Some good ideas, anything exciting? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy.since.09
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM

hmm.. we do leftovers alot, those are always nice. I'll also whip up some pasta, or some homemade chicken nuggets, he loves those. On cold days we'll have sandwich and tomato basil soup...

chalisa0
by Kim on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:53 PM

When my DD was 2, she went about a month or two where the only thing she wanted to eat was egg salad sandwiches.  (Just hard boiled egg and mayo and a little mustard).  She still loves them.

maybaby08
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:56 PM

We just do easy stuff because lunch time is when I'm running in the door from work and DH leaves 20 minutes later for work. It's our only "family" meal so I do my best to make it nice... but I can only do so much LOL

Before I leave for work (about 5am) I'll throw something in the crockpot on high and it will be ready for lunch. BBQ pork sandwiches, roast beef + mashed potatoes, spaghetti sauce + meatballs, etc.

mandafox
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Mmmmm, I'll have to try that. I need to master boiling eggs! Lol. Thanks for the tips so far ladies!

Quoting chalisa0:

When my DD was 2, she went about a month or two where the only thing she wanted to eat was egg salad sandwiches.  (Just hard boiled egg and mayo and a little mustard).  She still loves them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)