Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why can't I make fish sticks in the microwave?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am just wondering why u wouldn't be able to make some fish sticks in the microwave but others you can?

I bought a bag of Gorton's fish sticks for DS. It said "Not recommended for microwave use"

But I have bought other brands before and I could make those in the microwave.

It's the same type of fish so idk what's the difference?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Ew, I would never make any fish sticks in the microwave, but I'm guessing it's because they would be soggy and spungy.

jillbailey26
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I'm assuming it's the "real" fish you cant make in the microwave.  Maybe something with not heating it right and bacteria.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Is the meat maybe not precooked and since a microwave doesn't necessarily cook evenly, it could leave raw fish in places?

I don't really know for sure.

Cressida
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Who knows, i put everything in the microwave, even if it does not have directions for it.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM

But they are the same type of fish as the other brands, it's just a different brand. I only switched brands because Gorton's happened to be cheaper this time than the regular brand I buy.

Rhyne
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM
I dunno, DH is addicted to kids cusine fish sticks and those say to put it in the microwave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I wonder the same thing about pizza...some are microwavable and others are not for it.  I guess it's something to do with how the food is "processed" to make it microwavable.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I don't like fish and only started buying them when I found out DS likes them. So when the directions said to microwave them, I just figured it was OK.

Quoting .kk.:

Ew, I would never make any fish sticks in the microwave, but I'm guessing it's because they would be soggy and spungy.

CafeMom Tickers
terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM

sorry, ive never made fish sticks b4. Do kids actually like those? Maybe I should buy some and try them out!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM

belch @ frozen fish sticks.

:/

No ideas mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN