Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2yr old is getting a MRI tomorrow :( *eta*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 17 Replies

So my son is having a MRI tomorrow for his seizures. I am not worried they will find anything. quite the opposite actually. I doubt anything will show in the MRI. But since he is only 2 they have to put him under and that part scares me and makes me anxious. He has only been put under once before (a yr ago actually). It just makes me nervous. :/ *I should add too that when he was put under last yr he took longer than normal  to wake up and had everyone nervous (nurses and doctors). So that worries me too.*

Has your kid been put under (anesthesia)? If so, what for? And how many times? :)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Najah143
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM

My son has never had to be put under, but I was when I was elven when I had to have my jaw reset after I broke it. 

Momto3andaAngel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM

My son once for tubes and the other 3 hasnt yet. My nephew was put under for a MRI for seizures. He is now on meds and has been seizure free for over a year. Good luck and I hope you get some answers

addiekat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 AM

My 4 yr old is having her second MRI on oct. 5 for migraines, she was put under for her first one a few weeks ago and will be again.  It wasn't so bad, hardest part was getting the IV in her for the medicine.  Its actually a very light sedation, she even woke up during so they had to give her a little more so she wouldn't move. I was able to stay with her until she fell asleep!

roxymama2three

my middle DD was put under Anesthesia and intubated for heart surgery., My youngest has been put under anesthsia 5 times so that they could cardiovert her (shock her heart) and lower her heart rate.

IleanRight

My DD had an MRI at 2...honestly I cried b/c I was holding her when they gave her the meds and she goes "mommy!" and her eyes rolled back and she passed out. She did fine it just killed me!! Hang in there momma!!

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 AM

He has actually already started meds a month and a half ago and had an EEG a couple weeks ago where they found the seizures while he slept. So we are just now getting the MRI. :/ Thank you. :)

Quoting Momto3andaAngel:

My son once for tubes and the other 3 hasnt yet. My nephew was put under for a MRI for seizures. He is now on meds and has been seizure free for over a year. Good luck and I hope you get some answers

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

This makes me feel better. Cuz I am sure he was more heavily sedated last yr cuz he was getting an endoscopy and they were taking biopsies and he had a bronchoscopy done at the same time, so 2 procedures in one. So I bet he won't be as sedated this time. So that makes me feel better. :) Thanks!

Quoting addiekat:

My 4 yr old is having her second MRI on oct. 5 for migraines, she was put under for her first one a few weeks ago and will be again.  It wasn't so bad, hardest part was getting the IV in her for the medicine.  Its actually a very light sedation, she even woke up during so they had to give her a little more so she wouldn't move. I was able to stay with her until she fell asleep!

Mommyto2ladies
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

My 5 yr old had an MRI today. I was so worried about the reaction her body would have to the anesthesia but she was such a trooper. She has cysts on her brain that cause her to have horrible headaches. The first one was found on Mother's day via a CT scan in the ER. The neurosurgeon ordered the MRI so we can see just how many cysts we are dealing with. I wish you all the luck in the world because I know just what you are feeling. He will be a trooper too I'm sure!!!! Please update whenever possible. You guys are in my prayers. Stay positive..... that's what I'm trying to do.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Oh my, I hope they can help her out and get rid of them if possible. *HUGS* Thank you!

Quoting Mommyto2ladies:

My 5 yr old had an MRI today. I was so worried about the reaction her body would have to the anesthesia but she was such a trooper. She has cysts on her brain that cause her to have horrible headaches. The first one was found on Mother's day via a CT scan in the ER. The neurosurgeon ordered the MRI so we can see just how many cysts we are dealing with. I wish you all the luck in the world because I know just what you are feeling. He will be a trooper too I'm sure!!!! Please update whenever possible. You guys are in my prayers. Stay positive..... that's what I'm trying to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)